Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So seen a thread the other day with a guy who had a liquid silver bike sent to his door i guess. It was still in the back of a truck and in a crate. He had to put some things on it like windscreen and such but how do i get a bike like that? Just buy one from the dealer and tell them not to take it out of the crate?

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
Did you see it on the CBR600 forum? If so, then I saw it too.

You can tell them you want a bike that's still in the crate and have it loaded onto your truck or trailer if you have one.

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
So seen a thread the other day with a guy who had a liquid silver bike sent to his door i guess. It was still in the back of a truck and in a crate. He had to put some things on it like windscreen and such but how do i get a bike like that? Just buy one from the dealer and tell them not to take it out of the crate?
It depends on the dealer. Some won't do it for liability reasons. My buddy used to work for Pete's Cycle in Baltimore building the bikes from the crates back in the days when they used to come in a lot more pieces. Years later, they would sell him unassembled bikes without a problem. Sportbikes are mostly assembled, so there isn't very much you would have to do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My mom and dad own a Yamaha and Honda dealership in a Missouri and sale a motorcycle in a crate is a big no no. That dealer could be sued if if the purchaser set that bike up wrong and get hurt.

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
Me and my buddy both bought our bikes from a dealer in Montana back in late 2005. When the bikes showed up to the dealer's door, he checked them in, put them back on the truck and shipped them to us out in western Washington, still in the crate and cardboard boxes. I would have liked to have just intercepted them here in Washington when they arrived, but they had to go to his door first. Only $130 to have it shipped here from Montana, so everything worked out okay. I threw my crate out, my friend kept his.

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
Me and my buddy both bought our bikes from a dealer in Montana back in late 2005. When the bikes showed up to the dealer's door, he checked them in, put them back on the truck and shipped them to us out in western Washington, still in the crate and cardboard boxes. I would have liked to have just intercepted them here in Washington when they arrived, but they had to go to his door first. Only $130 to have it shipped here from Montana, so everything worked out okay. I threw my crate out, my friend kept his.

they shipped you a bike from montana to the 7th circle of hell for only a 130 bucks lol. i have a 9 foot bullshark coming from miami i think it only is costing them a 100 bucks to ship it but i have to check the crate before the driver leaves incase there are damages

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you see it on the CBR600 forum? If so, then I saw it too.

You can tell them you want a bike that's still in the crate and have it loaded onto your truck or trailer if you have one.
nope it was here. it was a liquid silver 08 and he had a write up about putting the screen on and the fender eliminator he did and other stuff but i cant find it. the first part of it was a pic of a truck with the white crate in the bed of the truck....

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It depends on the dealer. Some won't do it for liability reasons. My buddy used to work for Pete's Cycle in Baltimore building the bikes from the crates back in the days when they used to come in a lot more pieces. Years later, they would sell him unassembled bikes without a problem. Sportbikes are mostly assembled, so there isn't very much you would have to do.

right on maxxx, i live 20 mins south of baltimore. the only things i seen that he had to piut together was the screen and the rear fender and maybe pass pegs in cant remember. and i'm guessing he had to put fluids in it

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
right on maxxx, i live 20 mins south of baltimore. the only things i seen that he had to piut together was the screen and the rear fender and maybe pass pegs in cant remember. and i'm guessing he had to put fluids in it
I've been to Crofton before... IIRC, he said something about mirrors, windscreen, front fender, position and tighten clipons, service the battery, seat (comes loose because of battery) and oil/gas. Don't know about the R6; this was for his R1.

·
Registered
479 Posts
about 5 years back i used to do new bike prep and assembly at a dealership part-time. for sportbikes all we had to do is assemble the windscreen, rotate the clip-ons, tighten em down and put some air in the tires. then to the sales floor they rolled.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
hey max, your buddy doesnt still have any ties to petes cycle does he? i want to get a job there when i go back to school

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
This is all that we had to do. Adjust the right clip on and tighten. install the windscreen and mirrors, install the battery and install the steering stem nut after removing it from the crate. Tires were full, had about a quart of gas and oil and fluid. T

·
Registered
351 Posts
they shipped you a bike from montana to the 7th circle of hell for only a 130 bucks lol. i have a 9 foot bullshark coming from miami i think it only is costing them a 100 bucks to ship it but i have to check the crate before the driver leaves incase there are damages
I had to read this twice...9 feet!? Where are you putting a 9 foot bull shark:screwy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts