Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to post this to keep everyone up one the new EVO cans from Blue Flame. They look almost the exact same. They have a new logo and a band around the tips of the exhaust ports instead of the rolled finish. Here is a letter I got from Blue Flame explaining the new cans:

"The Blue Flame EVO Road Legal Race Can

DUE TO OUR CUSTOMERS RISING DEMAND FOR ROAD LEGAL EXHAUSTS BLUE FLAME HAVE DEVELOPED AN

INCREDIBLE NEW PRODUCT – A ROAD LEGAL RACE CAN.

HISTORICALLY SPEAKING WE ALREADY HAD A ROAD LEGAL CAN BUT LIKE MANY OTHER

MANUFACTURERS WE USED CONVENTIONAL WALL TYPE BAFFLES WITH A SYSTEM OF

INTERLINKING TUBES TO REDUCE NOISE. THIS SYSTEM WHILE BEING VERY EFFECTIVE AT

REDUCING NOISE ALSO LED TO A RELATIVELY HEAVY AND RESTRICTIVE EXHAUST

INCAPABLE OF PRODUCING THE SAME POWER AS A PURE RACE CAN.

CONSEQUENTLY WE SPENT NINE MONTHS OF DEVELOPMENT ON OUR DYNOJET M250 DYNO TO

DEVELOP THE NEW “EVO” RANGE OF ROAD LEGAL RACE CANS.

USING A REMOVABLE BAFFLE TUBE INSERTED INTO THE TOP OUTLET AND A BLANKING PLUG

IN THE SMALL OUTLET WE HAVE ACHIEVED THE REQUIRED SOUND LEVEL TO ACHIEVE BSAU

APPROVAL WITHOUT SACRIFICING ANY LOSS OF POWER AGAINST TRADITIONAL RACE CANS.

ALTHOUGH OUTWARDLY THEY MAY LOOK SIMILAR, OUR EVO CANS ARE DIFFERENT IN

EVERY WAY AS FAR AS COMPONENTS ARE CONCERNED. THE INTERNALS ALTHOUGH BEING

STRAIGHT THROUGH ARE A DIFFERENT SIZE, LENGTH, AND PERFORATED HOLE DESIGN

THAN THE ORIGINAL.THE OUTLETS ARE CNC MACHINED TO GIVE EXACT TOLERANCES FOR

THE BAFFLE INSERT, ARE FEATURE A NEW FLAT RING DESIGN TIP RATHER THAN THE DATED

ROLLED LIP DESIGN USED BY MOST OTHER MANUFACTURERS. BY USING A TWIN EXIT

DESIGN WE HAVE ENABLED OUR CUSTOMERS TO TUNE THE CAN TO 4 DIFFERENT LEVELS OF

SOUND ACCORDING TO THEIR NEEDS I.E. BOTH IN, BOTH OUT , OR ONE OF EACH IN.

THE ATTACHED DYNO GRAPH SHOWS THE COMPARITIVE POWER FIGURES FOR OUR EVO,

STANDARD CAN , AND A COMPETITORS RACE CAN, ALL USING A 98 BLADE. I THINK YOU

WILL AGREE THE FIGURES ARE QUITE IMPRESSIVE!!

WE THINK THIS IS WHAT TODAYS BIKERS WANT AND NEED, AND JUDGING BY THE

OVERWHELMING RESPONSE FROM BOTH THE PUBLIC AND THE TRADE WE FEEL JUSTIFIED IN

AMOUNT OF TIME AND DEVELOPMENT WE HAVE INVESTED."

I hope this helps clear things up during this difficult transition. They are available now and are ALL the new EVO can and are avilable in stainless steel, plain Ti, and scorched Ti. No race cans (older design), carbon fiber and no more silver carbon (3D). I announced this a while back and I saw some joker posting something on here about silver carbon not being discontinued and it just being a scam to get you guys to buy them. Obviously, he doesn't know me or how I do business. I was very sad to see the silver carbon go. If I say it's discontinued, there is a reason for it. IT'S GONE! Blue Flame has also halted production of ALL undertail after market exhausts. Bike that come that was from the factory (ex. Honda 600RR) are obviously excluded.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Brian,

Thanks for the update. It's nice to see vendors look out for their clientelle. I for one will vouch for you as a knowledgable salesman and a standup businessman. And you will see throughout the site that everyone else who has bought from you will also attest to you being good to do business with.

Thanks again for the update and have a happy new year,

Mike

G

·
I guess i would be that joker. I was not referring to you whatsoever in how you do business. you were very professional and understading of me getting my money back from you. just look at it im my perspective. Im sure you remember me getting my money back in september after waiting over 6 weeks for my can to come in. Then finding out later that the can would have not even gotten there until November. All this after being told by you that you got the last Carbon Fiber 3D exhausts before they stopped production of them. I also understand the transfer of production plant probably caused some of this delay and confusion. So after this 6 weeks of no straight answers from either you or Blue Flame when my exhaust would have gotten here i decided to go with another exhaust company. Looking around i found no exhaust better than the 3D carbon fiber. So back to square one in late November i decided to find other distributers of Blue Flame. To make a long story short I just threw on my 3D carbon fiber exhuast the day before Xmas. I have seen a lot of posts on numerous motorcycle sites saying that "i have the last Blue Flame 3D carbon exhaust". some of these were seen sometime in late september to early november. I just found it weird to see that people were still gettting these exhausts after many people stating"i have the last one". I have heard not one bad thing about you hammy and hope that you did not take me posting what i did personal. :usa

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
What's up ladies! :mrgreen:

I just want to thank Brian again for hooking me up on maybe one of the last carbon Blue Flame out there! And after looking around the net and calling up other exhaust retailers after he gave me a quote, Hammy got the lowest price on the Carbon highmount w/ dual ports! And he was able to get it to me in time before Xmas. Yeah there was about 3 weeks of wait, but it was more in part of Blue Flame itself.

But in defense of Brian, i believe he was told by Blue Flame about the last 3D carbon available. So he was passing the word for would be buyers. And maybe it was also the last shipment to him. I mean other retailers would have gotten the last shipment/orders as well from Blue Flame for their discontinued 3D carbons or carbons. Actually my friend who owns a Gixxer, saw my Blue Flame and wanted to order one, so i told him all the places he can get it and the word is out! "No more carbons, 3D or regular".

And by the way Brian, thanks for the update on Blue Flames new line of Evo cans, i am glad i got the carbon!!

Mike

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
LOL, Open mount insert foot joker :hammer Just messin with ya.

Sounds like a cool new pipe though, how does it make you guys that just recently bought BF feel :moon

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
RedlineR6 said:
.........Sounds like a cool new pipe though, how does it make you guys that just recently bought BF feel :moon
Actually i am very happy i got mine before they stopped makin' the carbons. Most of the riders i meet, comments on how the BF sounds really good! And how it matches my blue 6! Match made in heaven! And i am saddened to tell them that BF discontinued the carbons. And the weird thing is they never heard of BF before.

SO that makes me feel good about my purchase!...and it is also a plus for
Brian giving me the lowest price i found on the net!!

:jester

·
Registered
88 Posts
mikeeh, That is a way nice bike, like you said the can is match made in heaven. How is the sound of the blue flame, and have you had any problems since you bought it?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
im more than happy i bought mine. it is one of the best looking CF cans out there and the sound is awsome dude. :pimp and the fact that most people out there dont have one is a big plus. :mrgreen:

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
amncroft said:
mikeeh, That is a way nice bike, like you said the can is match made in heaven. How is the sound of the blue flame, and have you had any problems since you bought it?
Thanks man, I know it was a long painful process trying to find the right exhaust for me especially I was trying to match the blue/black scheme.
The Blue Flame is wicked, very solid and throaty! Loud but not too LOUD if you know what i mean.
And nope i havem't had any problems with it. I rode by CHP (California Highway Patrol) and they seem to ignore me, and that is cruising on 8k RPMS's!! The quality is top notch and the fitment is good too, I just thought that the bracket was a little tricky when you mount everything back, and it was a little tight. But it was fairly easy install. My problem now is that " I LIKE THE NEW EVOS!"

·
Registered
3 Posts
The carbon high mount looks the best to me. Any problems with the pipe being to close to the footpegs? Also, how easy is it to relocate the rear pegs? Those sound clips are sweet. :bow Made me want one bad.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
They (BF) supply a relocation bracket for the footpeg that moves it forward a few inches so that peg clears the can. I too also have a sound clip of my BF can (same can as Mikeeh but only silver 3d) if you need anymore convincing but I don't think you do! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any higher revs on your sound clip :?: I've on heard idle and minimal blurps. A drive-by or something would be sweet. How much would I be looking to pay for the new carbon EVO high mount? Thanks

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I think mine gets higher in the revs than that but no drive bys. For pricing, best bet is to contact Hammy The Can Man either thru PM or thru his website banner on the homepage.

·
Registered
88 Posts
All right, you talked me into it. I ordered the Carbon BF can from Brian (aka Hammy The Can Man.) I am so excited to get home and fix my bike! I have to rebuild it (see avatar) so I figured why not do it the way that I want it. Still have a lot of work ahead of me though. I would recommend Hammy to anyone interested in buying a can. Extremely helpful and easy to work with!

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
All right, you talked me into it. I ordered the Carbon BF can from Brian (aka Hammy The Can Man.) I am so excited to get home and fix my bike! I have to rebuild it (see avatar) so I figured why not do it the way that I want it. Still have a lot of work ahead of me though. I would recommend Hammy to anyone interested in buying a can. Extremely helpful and easy to work with!
good luck with the rebuild. if you can take some pics during the rebuild so you can post them here in the how to section. it would be kinda cool to see the evolution of it. :cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts