Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm new to the forum and relatively new to the sportbike world. Sold my 250cc this summer, moved from MI to NoVA, and bought an 07 R6 in November. Already completely addicted. Looking to improve my skills and perhaps get into a track day and/or race school this summer.

She's black with a few red pinstripes, chromed wheels, and red aftermarket levers (hey, my girly little fingers needed adjustables!). So far no other mods, mostly been undoing the random crap the last owner did. Pulled off some ghetto-install LEDS and am looking for a kickstand so I can bring her back to stock height (rear is lowered ~2 inches from what I can tell).

Can't post pics from my work computer and I never fire up my PC anymore, but there's plenty of shots of the bike on my IG if you're into that (@mavdsphd).

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!!!!!
I live in centreville and work in fairfax. If you need help with anything just let me know.
Thanks :) I'm new to NoVA as well -- Reston in particular but I work in McLean and Annapolis Junction, MD. Looking forward to being able use the HOV lanes on the bike for the commute lol.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:wave welcome to the R6 family.
Thanks! Glad to be here. Last bike was a Virago 250. Big step up!

Reston, nice area. Are you near the towne center?
Yep, right in it. Love my apartment and proximity to World of Beer (lol). But, kind of wish I picked a place closer to McLean/Falls Church now that I commute up to AJ so often :yuk:

·
nova r6
3,228 Posts
World of Beer FTW!! I have to stay away from there, got to get slim for this track season. Idk, living in the towne center is pretty awesome (I never have but knew a few ppl that did and crashed there quite often) being able to walk to whatever you wanted at the time. But yes commuting in this area SUCKS BALLS motorcycle or not lol.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
:wave

·
Horsepower Whisperer
617 Posts

Lot's of new ladies. Welcome aboard.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts