Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I just picked up a 2005 r6 a few weeks ago. Been browsing the forum ever since and thought I'd join. I live in Alexandria VA and was also curious where other Virginia residents put their inspection sticker on their bike. I feel like it's out of place almost anywhere. Just took the stock decals off and I think she looks cleaner this way.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!

Crazy girl - I am fairly new to the Northern Virginia area and was wondering if you know of any good routes around the area to ride on. I am close to old town and it gets really cluttered there and it's not the best area to ride.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks everyone!

Crazy girl - I am fairly new to the Northern Virginia area and was wondering if you know of any good routes around the area to ride on. I am close to old town and it gets really cluttered there and it's not the best area to ride.
i'm literally like 5 minutes from old town. the George Washington parkway (gw prkwy) is really nice! it's pretty long w/no turn's and right on the water. goes from mount vernon straight to old town. another good road people speed up and down is gunston road in lorton (it's about 6 miles long) people usually try to top out there. another really good one is in great fall's. i know on other forums people usually organize a group ride and head up to skyline drive too, which is kinda far, but it's REALLY pretty with some sharp turn's. i'll let you know of some other good spot's if you'd like :)

·
^^^ Ginger here...
386 Posts
Most people put them on the forks here in VA. The factory puts them on the swing arm. I ran without stickers for about 2 years on my old bike. When the factory inspection runs up on mine...which might be now, I'm just going to ride without them.

Welcome and check out the Anyone from VA thread.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to the site man, I am from Lorton so we will def do some riding this season. Watch the VA thread mentioned above for ride info once it warms up.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i'm literally like 5 minutes from old town. the George Washington parkway (gw prkwy) is really nice! it's pretty long w/no turn's and right on the water. goes from mount vernon straight to old town. another good road people speed up and down is gunston road in lorton (it's about 6 miles long) people usually try to top out there. another really good one is in great fall's. i know on other forums people usually organize a group ride and head up to skyline drive too, which is kinda far, but it's REALLY pretty with some sharp turn's. i'll let you know of some other good spot's if you'd like :)
Wonder where you got this info from :poke

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
welcome, I'm not too far from NOVA, but it's waaay too cold to ride right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts