Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Devotion & Desire
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'd like to say this forum is great! All of the senior members know exactly what they're talking about and are a great help! I don't have an r6 yet, but will within the next month or so. I've been riding dirtbikes forever and have owned a Ninja 650R, so I'm not entirely new to the realm of motorcycles. I'm looking at getting an 05' Raven currently, just waiting on the rest of my financial information.

My question is where can I really learn about the bikes themselves? I want to learn about to pro's and cons of any sort of mod or change done to the bike, what things do on the bike, and generally how to work on it by myself or with a buddy.

Thank you in advance for your help! Anything and everything is greatly appreciated.

-Cory

·
Registered
452 Posts
You can learn a lot of information on this forum. Just check out all the different topics and the How-To section. I'm a relative newb and learned pretty much everything about my R6 on here. Just remember to use to SEARCH button before you ask a question.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
BTW, I'm in the 215 as well.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
You can learn a lot of information on this forum. Just check out all the different topics and the How-To section. I'm a relative newb and learned pretty much everything about my R6 on here. Just remember to use to SEARCH button before you ask a question.
^^This

^^Along with this

Hello and welcome :wave
^^And this

:wave welcome to the forum

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
Welcome, as the others said the forum is a great place, personally I also recommend getting the Yamaha service manual and the Clymer manual if they are still available (havent had the need for one in a while)

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
The forum is the best place for anything you need, that and just getting your hands dirty and pulling stuff apart... I've always said hands on is the best way! Theres plenty of guys that can steer you in the right direction when it comes to mods, you just need to be more specific as to what you want to do... Good luck and welcome! Im in PA too if ya ever need a hand, I live just North of Philly...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts