Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new here. I sold my CBR and got an 2006R6 a while ago... I love this beast. :toocool:

Anyway I was wondering how do I take the seat off? Where are all the fuses and stuff located at? Lol
I realized that my rear brake doesn't trigger the brake light. Is this normal? if not, how to fix? also, how do you mess with the suspension? It's too hard right now and I feel every imperfection on the road. Which sorta sucks compared to the smooth ride my CBR was. ;)

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
The seat is held on by 2 screws located on the very back underside of the seat. You lift the rear left and right side of the seat and you will see 2 allen screws. Remove those and that will take off the seat. As for the fuse boxes, there are 2 of them. The light fuses are located on the left forward side of your take, just under the black plastic cover. That cover is held on by 2 screws. It plugs in, so when you take the screws out you will need to pull it out of the slot by pulling upwards on the black plastic piece. There is a second fuse box for the rest of the electrical system located under the seat to the rear of the fuel tank. Remove the seat and you will see the fuse box. Let me know if you need further information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts