Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, Im new to the R6 forum, I have defected from the R1 forum!! Traded in the 07 R1 for a new R6 in hopes that I get on the track this year. So far I am psyched on the bike and way more comfy than the 1. Here is a pic of the bike.... they told me it was an 09 model and I was the first to have one! I think I got ripped off I dunno!:poke

Attachments

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'mon guys! No bites on this....I thought it was funny! Here is the real photo of the 08. Enjoy :nocontrol

Attachments

·
Occasional Human
280 Posts
thats nice.... what mods ya got planned for it?

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats nice.... what mods ya got planned for it?
Well first things first, I'm going to do track days so I have to get a damper. Exhaust, and PC, Then just the usual nickel and dime stuff. Most definitely get rid of the rear fender. It is the least obscene of all the fenders Ive seen. But still it looks like a fishing / trolling device!

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Lol, good one dude :lmao

Nice to see yeh got a Raven :nocontrol
because black IS faster!

What made ya decide to switch to the six? i mean...aside from the fact that it's sexier, handles better, makes a much more obedient mistress (if only i could get her to make sammiches :dunce:), and purrs....:lmao

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol, good one dude :lmao

Nice to see yeh got a Raven :nocontrol
because black IS faster!

What made ya decide to switch to the six? i mean...aside from the fact that it's sexier, handles better, makes a much more obedient mistress (if only i could get her to make sammiches :dunce:), and purrs....:lmao
You stated all the reasons above^^, as to why I switched, I have been riding liter bikes for more than 10 years and I am over it. For now anyway. I'll trade the power for the lightness of my 6 anyday. I'm glad someone finally laughed at my scooter joke, jeeze I was starting to think everybody on the 6 forum was a tight a$$. I did notice the r6 is a little twitchier than my R1. I have to get a damper on this thing and get the suspension dialed in.:yes
Oh one more thing... black isnt only faster.. its more metal!!

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
You stated all the reasons above^^, as to why I switched, I have been riding liter bikes for more than 10 years and I am over it. For now anyway. I'll trade the power for the lightness of my 6 anyday. I'm glad someone finally laughed at my scooter joke, jeeze I was starting to think everybody on the 6 forum was a tight a$$. I did notice the r6 is a little twitchier than my R1. I have to get a damper on this thing and get the suspension dialed in.:yes
Oh one more thing... black isnt only faster.. its more metal!!
RAWK on w/ the metal! :YEA

·
Occasional Human
280 Posts
i love the 08's but the jury is still out on that rim color

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i love the 08's but the jury is still out on that rim color
I was kinda weird about it too... but the more i look at it, the more i like it. Its sorta bronze, kinda green. We'll call it hefty bag bronze/green!:throwup

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OKay I need a few opinions.... stickers on the bottom fairing. Yay or nay. I personally think they need to go. Its like a generic race bike look.

·
Occasional Human
280 Posts
OKay I need a few opinions.... stickers on the bottom fairing. Yay or nay. I personally think they need to go. Its like a generic race bike look.
:werd
im with you on that, but thats my personal deal, i dont like stickers on my bike (thats why its de-badged and de-stickered, my helmet is a whole 'nuther deal, stickers all over it!) your call tho man! and as far as the rims go, it'll probably end up being like the yellow red flames they did, at first i thought it was ugly, but when i seen one in person, it actually looked good.... those rims are growing on me tho... i just dont want yamaha to do like kawi has been doing with the zx6 and 636, taking an all black bike and then throwing a nasty maroon rim on it... luckily yamaha has better design tastes!

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:werd
im with you on that, but thats my personal deal, i dont like stickers on my bike (thats why its de-badged and de-stickered, my helmet is a whole 'nuther deal, stickers all over it!) your call tho man! and as far as the rims go, it'll probably end up being like the yellow red flames they did, at first i thought it was ugly, but when i seen one in person, it actually looked good.... those rims are growing on me tho... i just dont want yamaha to do like kawi has been doing with the zx6 and 636, taking an all black bike and then throwing a nasty maroon rim on it... luckily yamaha has better design tastes!
I don't like crap all over my bike either. As for the yellow flames.. I don't like it, the silver... Reminds me me of every European car out there, boring. I didnt get to see the blue but you cant go wrong with blue or the black. The rims? Easily powder coated, but like I said that vomit-e color is growing on me. The all around styling of the bike? WAY cooler than my R1. It just looks bad ass! Especially black, its like an evo... they are all kinda nice but a black one just looks super mean. Like a stealth bomber.:sing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts