Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an 05 GTO but looking for an r6 just waiting on a good deal so if u are selling a bike let me know. I am ideally looking for something in the early 2000's with 15-30K miles between $2-3k. It will be my first bike so not looking to spend a ton of money at first. I am justtesting the water to see how I will like riding before getting a nice bike. I plan on keeping the gto as well as having the bike. I have had one experience on a bike and it was on the back of an Aprilia 1000 with a female driver lol scariest night of my life i am just glad she knew what she was doing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good luck on your bike hunt! The R6 is definitely a good way to go:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pics of said female??
that was a couple years ago and i only met her like two or three times she was our waitress at some resturant and later that night i ended up going for a ride on a bike lol... and saw her a month later when she tried to race my gto lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so not the female i rode on the bike with but some pics of my gto and one of my friends

[/IMG]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey,

I'm in phx as well and just bought a 2001 R6 a week ago.
I'm looking forward to this spring!!

I got mine off craigslist. The guy only had 7000 miles on it and obviously didn't know much about riding. It had the original tires on it with a flat spot that looked like a cruiser tire. And the tires were running about 20 psi!!!!!

I would keep an eye on CL. I was looking before and after work, and this bike came up one day, I grabbed it that night. The thing was mint...

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
hey dude i live in PHX to, when you get a bike we should ride, i know were a lot of sweet spots to hit.... i go to MMI

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
ya man im off of happy valley and 67th

do u run that gto at all?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
u have prolly seen the gto i used to live off 67th and happy valley the gto used to run a lot but just havent taken it to the track in a while... i stopped racing on the street after getting caught lol... i now live at 67th and the 101

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found a 2000 yzf r6 the red and white color scheme with 18712 miles a couple scuffs on theplastics but other then that pretty clean it has a yoshi header and full exhaust the guy posted it for 3200 talked him down to 2900 and am going to try to go for 2800 or 2750 since the tags are due and i have to go thru emmisions... does this sound like a good deal??? i am going to have my friend that goes to mmi look at it this week and tell me what he thinks

btw the gto is good for high 12s on street tires never ran dr's

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
u have prolly seen the gto i used to live off 67th and happy valley the gto used to run a lot but just havent taken it to the track in a while... i stopped racing on the street after getting caught lol... i now live at 67th and the 101
right on man, i do some runs at speed world from time to time and chill at the street races a lot

him me up if you get a bike and ill show you some good streets to hit with some bad ass turns :toocool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol i want to get comfortable on it before i go out riding with ppl atleast on fun roads... but its not a matter of if i get a bike just when lol... and most likely tonight or tomorrow... then i will go get my permit tuesday and take the riding class as soon as i can

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
an update i picked up a 2000 yzf r6 with 18k miles red and white with full yoshi pipe... i also picked up a red and black jacket and helmet that match the bike... put a new battery in it just need to learn how to ride it lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts