Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Addicted...
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! First post here, figured I'd introduce myself before anything else. My Name is Jared, aka J-ROD, aka huckinchikn. I was born and raised on the east coast but now live in St. Louis misery. I'm 30 yrs old, married for 8 years, have a 5 yr old little girl and a 3 1/2yr old little dude.
I've been riding on the street since I was 15, on the dirt before that. I've owned many bikes in my day, currently own a
99 FZR600, (for sale as complete bike as is, or for parts because it runs rough due to low cylinder compression and some titling issues from previous owner)
And I just recently bought my favorite bike, a 2008 R6, yellow
And black flamer.
I work as an auto mechanic, and I work on bikes in my free time. I also work for a radio controlled giant scale airplane
Company as a technical service rep and a team sponsored pilot(my fun job:)
Good god, didn't realize how much I typed, sorry bout that...
Well now you know more about me than you probably care to,
But that's me!
Jared

Attachments

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
:wave

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:wave

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Aloha!!!!

·
Addicted...
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks tfs32! I am looking forward to meeting up with some people to ride with on here. I've only got one other dude I ride with, so it would be cool to meet some new people.
I Know this is off subject, but it's on my mind right now... Does anyone have a spare OE tail light to fit my 2008 R6 that they don't need? I am going to do a DIY how to thread on a custom integrated turn signal tail light, I need one that I can take apart and build a custom LED circuit to add the turn signals. I know I could just go out and buy one, but I love building electrical circuits and designing LED arrays, and there's a sense of satisfaction of building something yourself:) so does anyone have an OE tail light they don't need?

·
MO Rider
9 Posts
J-ROD12 I live in St. Louis also. Where at in St. Louis are you? I'm about 30 minutes south of downtown. As far as the tail light goes... I may have my old OEM taillight that you can have (if I can find it). I'll have to get back to you cause I did some work at a friends garage and I'm not sure if it's still laying around..

·
Addicted...
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks msmith! And that would be awesome silver08! That's what I want, just a stock tail light because I'll need to Dremel it apart to access the LED boards inside. I live about 10 min South of downtown, I'm kinda at Gravois and river des peres. In the neighborhood behind sybergs on Gravois if you know where that is?

·
MO Rider
9 Posts
Yeah, I know where that's at. We'll have to meet up for a ride or something sometime. I'll try to get ahold of my buddy on that tail light and get back to you.

·
Addicted...
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds great, thanks! Now if we can just get this weather to break so we can ride... Lol

·
MO Rider
9 Posts
:werd
So, I got some bad news... I looked in my friends garage and couldn't find my old tail light. I think it got tossed. Good luck though. Feel free to message me for when the weather gets better.

·
Addicted...
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's ok, no prob I'll find one on eBay or something. I was gonna post a wanted ad on the classifieds but the rules say I have to wait 60 days from when I joined before I can post in there.
I'll keep in touch!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts