Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is a repost. got a new 07 r6, only have about 300 miles on her so far. while riding today i was in 6th going about 70mph or so. i was coming to a stop light. i shifted all the way to second then bumped it into neutral, the light turned green so i shifted back up, only the trany wouldnt let me go into 2nd, made a grinding sound. I slowed down to an almost stop the shifted without a problem. was i going to fast for 2nd gear or something? just wanting to know if this is normal or not.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hahahha you can tell this guy is new. "Sorry for the repost"

engine speed didnt match the road speed. next time rev up a little bit :D
and you shouldnt shift down to neutral...slowly shift down incase you need to start moving quickly again. what happens when a car comes flying behind you and your in neutral?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinkin, i didnt mean to go into neutral, thanks for the reply though. this is my first new bike, just being anal i guess. i have raced dirt bikes for a couple years and had a cbr929 for alittle while, r6 is way better so far, believe it or not i never had this happen before.

another question though, i dont have any problem getting the front end up, clutch/power 1st and 2nd, i can find the balance point, but i keep going side to side, not front to back, like left and right, wasnt to bad till i came down the other day in a wobble, scared the hell outa me, i almost always stand up wheelie, just wondering if any one had any suggestions as to why this is. i dont want to lower the tire pressure much cause i like the twisties too much.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
hmm..should be fine?? just make sure you set the front end down straight

i cant reach bp yet so i cant really help you out on that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts