Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everyone, im gettin a new helmet in the very near future and have been tryin to search trough other posts that compare sizes but cant find much. As of now ive just got a normal HJC CL-SP and am going to be going with a Suomy Spec 1-R. I called all the dealers around my parents area (quad cities) since im going home this weekend for mothers day and nobody carries Suomy in stock so i might just hope its good or i can try to find a place in Des Moines that carries them. Anyway, if i go the "hope" route, how close would a small Spec 1R be to the small HJC? Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Link doesnt work for me...

Anyone know if the HJC small and Suomy small are the same? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
suomy helmet sizing tends to run small. I wear a med. in an Arai, but have to wear a large in the Suomy.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So an HJC small would most likely be a Suomy Medium...

Sweet...now all i need to do is come up with the money to drop!

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
now all i need to do is come up with the money to drop!
yeah thats where i always fall short too. lol

even if you had to wait your best bet would be try it on in a store, find out your correct size and then hit the computer and get one way cheaper. i would be worried it wouldent fit unless you can easily return it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
HJC runs a bit bigger. I had an HJC and recently retired it to buy an ICON. Huge difference in fitment... Both are larges but the HJC had room to move a little where the ICON doesnt....

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Alright, i know where im gettin the money now! I'll just pay the difference haha....My dad claimed me as a dependent so i dont get a stimulus check...but he gets 300 for claiming me so hes going to give that to me and i'll pay the difference

Now all i have to do is find a store somewhere around me that actually has suomy in stock!

Does anyone know if there is a site/place that has a suomy dealer locator?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Alright, i know where im gettin the money now! I'll just pay the difference haha....My dad claimed me as a dependent so i dont get a stimulus check...but he gets 300 for claiming me so hes going to give that to me and i'll pay the difference

Now all i have to do is find a store somewhere around me that actually has suomy in stock!

Does anyone know if there is a site/place that has a suomy dealer locator?
Where are you located? I know a few great places in NY...

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See location lol

I'm in Ames, Iowa...I just got home from the parents house so i'll call around des moines tmorrow to see if anywhere there carries them in stock

I hate havin somethin completely picked out and just waiting!

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man!

Might have to take a trip to des moines today! Closest one is 25 miles so might be an excuse to take the bike out! Too bad its hwy the whole way...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a HJC small that fits like a Suomy + Arai medium. Suomy/Arai have harder padding, vs HJC and KBC's liner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts