Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so later on im going to powdercoat my black r6, with blue highlights on teh rearsets, rims, sidestand and levers. So I want a matching helmet. Most of the helmets I see arnt a real good solid blue except for these two

Both from Icon and id like to know if the dual sport helmets are comfortable on supersports and if its worth the high price of like $350 compared to the speedmetal which is like 150.

Or is there anything that has that nice solid deep blue.

·
V-twins Rock
425 Posts
If you go to youtube and look at the videos that chaseontwowheels has done, you will notice that he has the same helmet as the second one that you have pictured. I really dig the Icon variant helmet. Meybe you can sent him a question on the helmet. He rides a R6 also.

·
Gotta go fast!
82 Posts
I have a black variant on a 09 R6, it my main helmet that I wear while not in uniform and I've worn it on long rides in the canyons and on high mileage(for me) trips from San Diego to LA.
Good helmet, a bit loud but I always wear earplugs or headphones, vision is great not a fan of the tinted shield from Icon, I like the gold much more and it's still useable at night.
me wearing my helmet is my icon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well if it helps any I've been wanting the variant as well but since I've always used the kbc force I have been skeptical of throwing down 300+ for a lid I may not even like and my R6 is black and blue (painted the rearsets and didn't even think once to do black then blue for a darker color but when I get the free time I will ) so I started searching around on my buddy eBay and well I found a similar duel sport helmet a little more aggressive looking and thought it's affordable and the same style so I'll get it and if I like them I will think more into the icon variant. The lid I found was a Zox Rush rx and I only paid 45 bucks so if I didn't like it it would hurt in the wallet area and I'm quite shocked at the quality of it it's well built very light and it's nice and snug and unlike my kbc force there is more room for your nose and mouth witch is very nice the fit is perfect as well as the comfort level it has snaps in the front for attachments for cold or just "hot breath" and what I actually like the most is NO base plates it's a single slide up or down I don't know about any of you but finding baseplate can be a pain in the rear sometimes especially on the fly . But anyway I can best suggest u do the same buy a cheep duel sport helmet and see for yourself if u are wiling to spend that much for it I actually really like my 45 dollar lid and it's quite a bang for the buck a hidden contender if you will

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
This helment pic is also nice. You cant buy a cheap helmet, its the same as not wearing a helmet at all. Cheap helmets are heavy, uncomfortable, noisey, but more importantly, your head is inside it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.