Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

My names Tyler, im 18 and I live in wisconsin.

I noticed there was a few mini truckers on here also, i am to. I got a 2001 2 door jimmy.

The other day I went into zacho's sports to buy a part for my 4 wheeler and this brand new cherry r6 was sitting in the show room. so of course i had to go take a look at it and sit on it. it fits me perfect, i love everything about this bike. mind you ive wanted a bike for the past 3 years. So before i saw this, I was going to buy a used bike. Then i got thinking that if I bought a bike new it would be much better seeing as i get to brake it in properly and i konw it will not be beat on and also get proper matinence. They want $8,399 for it plus the guy i talked to said he would throw in a 2" lowering kit and a set of frame sliders.

so what are your guys opinions?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My name is Tyler too. I have the same bike (2007 Candy Red). I got mine brand new a couple months ago for $8200 OTD but $8399 seems to be a decent price compared to what I've seen. The price just depends on your location. Also, be aware that lowering the bike will affect the handling.

·
Registered
313 Posts
will it affect it in a good or bad way?
NEGATIVE way. The handling of a bike is based on very precise geometry. Yamaha prides themselves in have the best handling 600cc bike on the market today. When you lower the bike in rear you must lower it in the front to match. When you lower the front you change the angle in the front and the distance to forks. This can have a very negative effect on the handling of the bike. There are a lot of posts on this so just research it a bit. There are a few alternatives to lowering the bike that you may want to consider. Keep checking prices. My 07 was $8350 out the door in January so you should be able to find a good price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts