Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got pics of my new lid. Great helmet for the price.
I also got the shield in GOLD finish. Ordered it from
tricktape.

Basically this is what I look like in my commute rides.
Keeping it a tade safer except for the Converse Sneakers! :hammer

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yeah...how do you like it compared to the arai in the background? I was thinking of picking one up myself.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really love it. The fit for me is very similar to the Arai I also have.
I have th Corsair in small (Yeah I know I have a small noggin) & I got the same size for the Scorpion.

Quality is up there with Arai & Shoei. There are enough vents that really work. They are good enough for street riding. The only thing I noticed are the paint. The Arai has more layers than the Scorpion.

Did I also mention the shields are "SCRATCH PROOF"?? YES THEY ARE!
I had a chance to scrape off the surface from the edge of the garage door.
I thought there was a gash but it was only the paint from the door itself!! I did the same thing with the Arai the gash was there permanently!

For the price $170+/- is effin' great! I considered getting the cheaper
Shoei's but I feel this one surpasses it in quality, fitment & bells n' whistles [scratch proof shields, venting, removable liner w/ quality similar to Arais & it's non-wick, & fiber glass/kevlar shell (EXO-700)]
I am very happy with my purchase!

The price of the shields (chrome, tint etc.) was only $35.00 compared
to Arais $80.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am planning to pick up the blue raider model. I have only heard good things about this company and want to get one before they jack up the prices.

·
Banned
786 Posts
Now your all set as soon as you get some new rubber mounted on that ride behind you.......
Might be alittle drafty without the fairing.....

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
One word of caution, they might run a little small. I have a medium HJC and tried to stick my head in a medium Scorpion....my fiance damn near had to pry the thing off with a crowbar. That being said, the Large was all sorts of comfy. The dealership here likes them a lot.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
tripleTUNE said:
One word of caution, they might run a little small. I have a medium HJC and tried to stick my head in a medium Scorpion....my fiance damn near had to pry the thing off with a crowbar. That being said, the Large was all sorts of comfy. The dealership here likes them a lot.
that's my biggest fear with ordering online for helments, gloves, boots, etc... anything that might not fit...

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dangerousR6 said:
Now your all set as soon as you get some new rubber mounted on that ride behind you.......
Might be alittle drafty without the fairing.....
He he, I might integrate some of the dumbell weights & maybe the wheels
from my rear stand! :hammer and a few cargo boxes can work for the faitings! :hammer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts