Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received and put on my new Exhaust.
I got a Megacycle carbon fiber slip-on.
It sounds fantastic and im about to go for a ride to see if it makes a big difference in power.
Will I need a PC3 and new fuel map or does the computer make the necessary adjustments to fuel ratios?
I plan on getting the PC3 but will hurry it up a bit if I really need it.
I'll post some pics soon. I should be getting my C/F sliders next day or two so im gonna wait till they're on to go photo taking.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
im about to go for a ride
I'm so jealous. I cannot go for a ride today for the following reasons:

it is like 38 degrees out
there is 50mph wind
my bike is in a million pieces

sucks...

·
Registered
527 Posts
You can go with the PC3 but you don't really need it. Only with a full exhaust. Check out the dragbike.com article on the R6. They finally did part 2 and got 112 Hp off pump gas. It the right hands like mine then I know a lot of bikes that will have trouble.

Blade

·
Registered
531 Posts
You should not need a PC3 for just the slip-on. It should've been designed on a stock bike & so no adjustment is needed. Also the "computer" doesn't make adjustments as a car computer would. The only way to adjust the fuel/air is take it to Yamaha & get them to adjust the original or to get a PC3 & take it to a shop to get it dyno tuned.

How much did you pay for the carbon? I was thinking of getting a Megacycle slip-on soon & not sure if I should go carbon or alimunium. Probably leaning towards the aluminum as it'll probably go better with the polished rims.

Where are you getting you sliders from & for what price?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid $560 delivered. Came very well packed and in 2 days from melb to Syd. I was impressed. It is LOUD & deep. It's a straight through. Are all slip-ons straight through or is this a race can? I expect it will be illegal so i'm gonna keep the stock can incase I need it for rego.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here you go. This is the weather here at the mo to all you snowed in. LOL.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
That's just great...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts