Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first R6 today, and to me she’s a beauty. 2019 with 5k miles. I’ve been riding for about 10 years on and off, and have had a few different ones along the way; cruiser, sport bike, naked.

I still have my XSR900 which I love, but after doing my first track day this year on an R6 I definitely caught the bug and wanted to get a bike I can have some fun on the street but also enjoy taking to the track. I had initially wanted an R1 as it’s my dream bike since they first came out in the late 90’s, but after riding the R6 and seeing for myself just how immense it is, decided it was the right play so I can really develop as a rider on the track.

I love that the bike is stock with the exception of the tail tidy, gives me a solid platform to do my own thing. A few things I’ll be changing soon:

• Supercorsa’s
  • Upgrade chain to EK Z3D
  • Zero Gravity Corsa
  • ASV shorties
  • Not 100% sure but likely Akra headers and SC Project CRT slip-on
  • Frame sliders but unsure which so definitely open to opinions there
  • Vcyclenut tune (have worked with him before and he’s exceptional across the board)

A few pics…

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,477 Posts
Lookin sharp.

Reactions: Cipher_R6

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,477 Posts
Like a katana?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,477 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the street was butter that bike would be a hot knife.
This made laugh way too much 😂

Put some Supercorsa’s on Saturday night and went out for a good ride this morning with some friends, was a good way to start a Sunday. Never ran Pirelli’s before and they did not disappoint. I did a 180/60 on the rear and it feels great.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,477 Posts
I ran a pirelli angel gt if I recall and it had amazing wet traction with better dry traction. But it was dead in 3500 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ran a pirelli angel gt if I recall and it had amazing wet traction with better dry traction. But it was dead in 3500 miles.
These are probably not good in wet as it’s basically a slick on the shoulder. If mine last 3k miles I’ll be happy with that, but we’ll see. They definitely give you confidence. I’m not fast but I was running hotter than normal into corners and leaning more than on my other bike and still have a lot of tire left, although on the street I don’t ride hard with all the variables (I also live in the land of straight and flat so winding roads don’t exist 😂). I’m definitely excited to use them on a track.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,477 Posts
I still have under 3/16 of tire untouched on the street.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
These are probably not good in wet as it’s basically a slick on the shoulder. ...............
Short of dedicated rain tires, I suspect street tire manufacturers figure you won't be riding on the edges under wet conditions.

.............. I also live in the land of straight and flat so winding roads don’t exist 😂...............
Eeeek. Man I'd hate that. I used to do a lot of cycling and thought I'd appreciate flat land. Then I lived in Indy for awhile. OMG was cycling boring. The hills and curves and corners kept it interesting LoL...

BTW the Michelin PR4s are pretty good on cold and/or wet surfaces. One benefit to riding under those conditions is significantly reduced tire wear. IIRC got six times that mileage out of a set. Yes they were bald. I was cheating by using more rear brake to balance out front/rear wear. (not a good idea because rear brake wasn't designed for it)

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,477 Posts
My pr4s got eaten up when below 25f they wouldn't heat up enough before I applied copious throttle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts