Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2006 R6 like a month and half ago and ive been getting use to riding, leaning, turning etc...I ride it everyday rain or shine i've only driven my car twice since i got my bike and the last time i drove it i hydroplaned and hit a ditch haha, But i live in smithfield about 40 mins from raleigh and theres no one around here to ride with. Anyone here close to raliegh? Oh and awesome forum guys i would love to go to a meet some time.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
I bought my 2006 R6 like a month and half ago and ive been getting use to riding, leaning, turning etc...I ride it everyday rain or shine i've only driven my car twice since i got my bike and the last time i drove it i hydroplaned and hit a ditch haha, But i live in smithfield about 40 mins from raleigh and theres no one around here to ride with. Anyone here close to raliegh? Oh and awesome forum guys i would love to go to a meet some time.
Welcome!

I'm down in Jacksonville, and there are several R1-Forum members in this area. Not sure about up in your neck of the woods, but you are in prime area to hit VIR. It's a great track.

·
Shut up Tucker
380 Posts
Welcome!

I'm down in Jacksonville, and there are several R1-Forum members in this area. Not sure about up in your neck of the woods, but you are in prime area to hit VIR. It's a great track.
I'm also down in Jacksonville. Do you get to VIR very often?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i have family in VIR, The financing manager at my local team powersports in smithfield races up there sometimes, im def. down to go to the track just don't want to go by myself.

·
Shut up Tucker
380 Posts
I have about 3 weeks off in August. We should plan something. It's only about 2 hours to Raleigh from here. Heck, even if we don't hit the track we could plan a ride.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
I'm also down in Jacksonville. Do you get to VIR very often?
Yeah i have family in VIR, The financing manager at my local team powersports in smithfield races up there sometimes, im def. down to go to the track just don't want to go by myself.
Hey Raziel41: You've got PM.

A bunch of us from the R1-Forum go. As I get caught up I'll start cross posting trackday announcements here. We always like more folks. I'm riding in Intermediate, but most everyone else rides in advance. But I may go for the bump soon so I'm riding with everyone else.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
welcome to the forum man. You should try to go to the convection at Dales gap.
Oh yeah... that's a definite. :fact

We should be seeing the announcement soon.

·
Shut up Tucker
380 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts