Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member from oz with 07 r6 [pics]

hey all, just wanna say hi. been lurking in the shadows of this forum for a while now but didn't wanna post up my bike till i was done doing most of the things i wantd to do to it. little do u know but you've helped alot in me deciding on my mods and who to go through, so much appreciated. im from melbourne australia n hav been riding for about 2 yrs now. first bike was a cbr250rr n upgraded to an 07 r6 in feb. List of mods include, Yoshi carbon trc pipe, LP flushmounts, Puig DB black windscreen, ASV unbreakable shorty levers black, Valter moto frame sliders, vortex spools and hyperpro damper. also got a cowl and passenger peg plugs but i dont count them as mods seeing as they come stock here in oz. any way enough babble..here she is.. hope u like

my old bike (friend owns her now) n my new bike

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the R6. Looking good. :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
welcome. nice bike

·
My R6 eats twisties
156 Posts
Great to have another Aussie onboard, my mate (Jason25) and I are from Melbourne too. What area are you in?

Both bikes look mint! How do you find the ASV levers? I have been thinking of picking up a set myself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great to have another Aussie onboard, my mate (Jason25) and I are from Melbourne too. What area are you in?

Both bikes look mint! How do you find the ASV levers? I have been thinking of picking up a set myself.
yer im from reservoir, so up in the northern suburbs..how bout u? i originally wanted the pazzo levers but motomummy dont ship them to oz coz their contract says they cant coz mladin imports hold the rights to import here. anyway ended up getin the ASV levers from them when i did a mass order on windscreen, levers, damper, spools and indicators shipping only cost me $25us...cant go wrong with the dollar these days! :toocool: i love the levers! they're nuts! look tuff as! i do all the ordering for my bike from the US, my yoshi pipe set me back $550 shipped and here for the same pipe no matter where u call they want $1200!

·
My R6 eats twisties
156 Posts
yer im from reservoir, so up in the northern suburbs..how bout u? i originally wanted the pazzo levers but motomummy dont ship them to oz coz their contract says they cant coz mladin imports hold the rights to import here. anyway ended up getin the ASV levers from them when i did a mass order on windscreen, levers, damper, spools and indicators shipping only cost me $25us...cant go wrong with the dollar these days! :toocool: i love the levers! they're nuts! look tuff as! i do all the ordering for my bike from the US, my yoshi pipe set me back $550 shipped and here for the same pipe no matter where u call they want $1200!
Your very close to me, I am just over in the Greensborough/Eltham area. Do a lot of riding up through Research, Yarra Glen, Panton Hill, Warrandyte areas. We should organise a ride, I have a few mates who will be up for a haul through the twisties on a Sunday arvo. :yes

Prices are nuts in Australia, especially considering the strength of the dollar as you mentioned. Its just the importers dont often adjust their prices based on the dollar (unless they are loosing money) so we get screwed even more. Their loss, they will just loose more sales to overseas.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
good looking bikes, and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome mate. I am the other aussie mavric is talking about. Nice bike. I hade the same prob with the pazzo levers but eventually found somebody on ebay willing to ship them after many saying no. I fitted them this weekend and they look the business. The 3 of us should hit the twistys some time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yer for sure man...sounds good! once uni is up for me n im done with exams i'll hit you both up! who are the other melbourne r6 riders round this forum?

Hey Jas where did u n mav get ur race stands from n how much?

·
My R6 eats twisties
156 Posts
yer for sure man...sounds good! once uni is up for me n im done with exams i'll hit you both up! who are the other melbourne r6 riders round this forum?

Hey Jas where did u n mav get ur race stands from n how much?
Hey mate, we got the stands from a company called Kaneg. They have an ebay store here and their website is here. I am very happy with the quality of them and their service was excellent, fast shipping and great value for money. I think we paid about $190 (for the front and rear).

They are great when your working on the bike or cleaning it plus they look the business :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts