Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in talks about buying this 03 R6, it has 7383 miles on it and a yoshi slip-on pipe. It has also been lowered, which is a good thing for me b/c I am short and I dont plan on riding really hard in turns. The thing that I am worried about is it says theres a crack behind the headlight that you can see in the pic. She said she wanted 5k but I only want to give 4500 cash. Please give me some input on prices and the crack!

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
the bike is not bad. 7k+ for 5yr is not bad at all. I got my R6 new in may of this year. got over a thousand miles on the thing already. Ask her how she manage to get a crack on the back of the light. FYI I paid around $8500 for mine brand new 08. Hope this help

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd say offer her the $4500 in cash again. If she doesn't want to take it, then I wouldn't bother. I think $4500 cash is fine for an 03. Sure it has a Yosh slip-on, but so what - it's a slip-on, not a full system. You have to consider depreciated value, mileage (which is decent for an 03), and that crack. Again, I'd tell her to take it or leave it. It's your call, my friend, but that's just my $.02 ...

·
Registered
332 Posts
so tell em you have 4500 and to call you if they change their minds. And when they call back in 2 weeks to say they will take the 4500, tell em that its NOW 4100.00. A month from now, when 4100 looks good to them, tell em 3900.

There are too many damn bikes out there for sale. And too many good deals. Move on if they don't like it.

gary

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so tell em you have 4500 and to call you if they change their minds. And when they call back in 2 weeks to say they will take the 4500, tell em that its NOW 4100.00. A month from now, when 4100 looks good to them, tell em 3900.

There are too many damn bikes out there for sale. And too many good deals. Move on if they don't like it.

gary
haha i like your thinking! But yeah I told them my last offer was $4500 cash and they said they actually had someone offering $5000, and that it was my lose. So, i'm assuming that is BS. But im still searching!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Someone else offered $5000 for a 2003 R6 in "ok" condition with a few trivial mods... sounds like it's that poor bastard's loss, not yours. You made the right decision, and I agree with Gary/Wolverine 100% - there are too many bikes out there for sale, and certainly better deals than that.

Please... $5K for that... :throwup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice find wolverine, and also to make something clear, The Black with red flame special edition is not my favorite. I would much rather have a Blue and white or red and white. I really want another bike right now though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Where are you from? There are a ton of nice bikes for sale here in Fla. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for stuff around 4k and let ya know.

gary

·
anyone seen my kneecaps?
158 Posts
I bought my 2003 last week for $3400 cash and it has a full Yoshimura exhaust. Guy posted on craigslist for 4k, he said he wanted no less than $3500 and I got him down to $3400 (cause i needed a new battery).

I mean my bike has 13k miles on it but that doesn't really drop the price drastically. I mean the bike has some ugly front turn signals, some fairing scratches and a missing decal but the bike runs beautifully and really pulls. Cosmetics (I have learned) mean very little in the long run. Unless it's immaculate condition... I looked for months and anything over 4-4.5k for a 2003 is overpriced.

·
Love the ride of my R6!
94 Posts
I got my 02 with about 10K and I got mine for 3G's out the door. You can get a 03 for the price that you are looking to spend, you just have to hunt a little harder for it. It took me like a month to find one that I liked and in the range that I wanted to pay. I would just make sure you ask the owner for a 1 week or couple day period to have the bike checked out to see if there is any problems with it, cause you never know what a mechanic can find in the background of a bike.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think the value of the bike must depend on where you live! The dealer offered me $5000 trade in for my 04 and they were gonna sell me the new yellow R6 with black flames for $8600. I live in pittsburgh so we dont typically put to many miles on our bikes. I only have 9000 miles on my bike, but its emaculate! If she wont take $4500, i would keep lookin!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.