Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Your Mom Goes to College
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up my BRAND NEW 2009 R6 last weekend. Its the white color scheme. When I picked it up it only had 2 miles on it. Probably from them making sure they put it together right. After the first day it had over 200 miles on it. This saturday ( Oct 23, 2010) will mark one week of having the bike and I have over 400 miles on her. She rides like a champ and I can't wait until I get her out of the break-in period so I can really see what she has. BEST INVESTMENT OF MY LIFE SO FAR. I will put up some pics and planned upgrades as soon as I get a chance.

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
welcome..
thats an awesome color, congrats :cheers
ride safe, get some gear (unlike my sig :secret)

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Welcome, and it's not an investment it's a money pit.

·
Your Mom Goes to College
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ride safe, get some gear (unlike my sig :secret)
I bought an Icon Arc Jacket and Gloves when I bought the bike, I'm going to be getting the pants to match in the next couple weeks. The only thing I'm not sure on is boots. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
I just picked up my BRAND NEW 2009 R6 last weekend. Its the white color scheme. When I picked it up it only had 2 miles on it. Probably from them making sure they put it together right. After the first day it had over 200 miles on it. This saturday ( Oct 23, 2010) will mark one week of having the bike and I have over 400 miles on her. She rides like a champ and I can't wait until I get her out of the break-in period so I can really see what she has. BEST INVESTMENT OF MY LIFE SO FAR. I will put up some pics and planned upgrades as soon as I get a chance.
Welcome, and it's not an investment it's a money pit.
:stupic

Get some pics up!

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
Welcome!

Ain't it a great feeling knowing you are the first rider of that bike? It's like buying a new car with that new car scent!

Safe riding and definitely don't go cheap on safety equipment!!!

I have some SIDI boots! Very nice!

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Welcome fellow 09 white R6 :)
Have fun modding because it won't stop lol. CAn I suggest Olson exhaust. Also 2 minute mod is flip the shiftter to GP style.

Search engine is your friend.

·
Your Mom Goes to College
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update: after 8 days of ownership I have 647 miles on her. Getting ready to put her away for the winter and start buying parts and planning some mods.

Here is a quick list:
1.) Fender eliminator ( must have )
2.) Slip on exhaust ( must have )
3.) Corbin seat or some other better seat ( still haven't decided )
4.) Flush mounts
5.) rear seat cowl ( thinking black but not sure yet )
6.) shorty brake and clutch levers

thats a quick list and probably going to grow during the winter.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
update: after 8 days of ownership I have 647 miles on her. Getting ready to put her away for the winter and start buying parts and planning some mods.

Here is a quick list:
1.) Fender eliminator ( must have )
2.) Slip on exhaust ( must have )
3.) Corbin seat or some other better seat ( still haven't decided )
4.) Flush mounts
5.) rear seat cowl ( thinking black but not sure yet )
6.) shorty brake and clutch levers

thats a quick list and probably going to grow during the winter.
8 days and still no pics..:poke

Sounds like a nice list to get going with.

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
:wave

welcome

one harsh reality, a motorcycle is Not an investment, its more a luxury/lifestyle thing. But I sure am glad you love it as do most of us on here.
Its an investment for me. It's my daily driver and ride 100miles a day. I spend about $50 a week compared to my former dd truck $100 a week. :) :toocool:

·
Your Mom Goes to College
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
8 days and still no pics..:poke

Sounds like a nice list to get going with.
Sorry but I have been busy with work and riding. I'm hoping to clean her up this week and take some pictures if the weather coroperates.

And GuamBomb I agree. It is an investment. I put money into it and get a hell of alot more fun out of it. If I lived somewhere I coud ride it all day I would sell my car and put the money towards my list.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts