Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just want to say a quick hi and ask a question.. I have narrowed it down to 2 R6's that I am deciding between. I am going to purchase one of the two today. One is a 02 theft recovery set up really nice, with 11,000 miles.. custom paint, exhaust, etc. The other is a 00 only 6,000 miles original owner, completely stock. The 00 is 400 more expensive. I like the 02 much better, but like knowing the history and mileage of the 00. Any and all opinions will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
welcome brother.....have you been able to see these bikes in person and hear them run or ride them?? You never know with recovered things so to be completely safe I would go for the '00 (plus it's got lower miles) but it's all on you cuz i'll never throw a leg over her....

·
Registered
886 Posts
welcome aboard to the site .. as for your question i second rsixxer word .. make sure you test drive them atleast ot have a mechanic go with you to atleast check it out ..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.. I guess that would have been valuable information about weather or not I had ridden them. I have actually ridden both bikes and both run extremely well. The 02 has a Jardine exhaust on it which sounded better, but other than that both were practically identical.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'd go with the lower miles/non-recovery... That's just me though, like RSixxr said, I'll never throw a leg over her... I might just throw a leg over TONES's mom tho... hmmm.

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
I might just throw a leg over TONES's mom tho... hmmm.
I posted a message to tones and told him he might want to say he was sorry and re introduce his self, He sent me a PM and said he was sorry and thing got out of control and wanted to re introduce his self. But he has not posted since then. He might not be such a bad person he just started off on the wrong foot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts