Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the new pilots, decided to go w/the 70 pro ( 120/70/17) on my 03 R6. I've been hearing great things from people on this forum bout the 70's so i'll just have to find out for myself. Do I need to make any adjustments in my suspension or will the stock settings work? If i need to make some adjustments, anybody know bout a place in Dallas that can do this work for me? Thanks in advance for your input

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...i guess i just wanted to add a liittle more information. I am not planning on any track days in my near future, just a newbie cruising around town. Will there be any problems if i don't make any adjustments to my suspension? what are the main advantages/disadvantages of making the suspension changes. will i notice the difference? sorry guys i gotta learn somehow =)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yes, you will notice it. Your turn-in will be considerably slower. I DEFINITLY noticed it anywho...

Takes no time at all to shim the rear ride height up.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
R6Soto said:
Well...i guess i just wanted to add a liittle more information. I am not planning on any track days in my near future, just a newbie cruising around town. Will there be any problems if i don't make any adjustments to my suspension? what are the main advantages/disadvantages of making the suspension changes. will i notice the difference? sorry guys i gotta learn somehow =)
If your just cruisin' around town you will notice but it won't be to bad since you won't be pushing the bike. I try to hit a curvy road every I time I ride my bike, so the getting the supsension right is KEY.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.