Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the new mirrors with integrated turn signals and flushmounts I bought off ebay this afternoon. There are pros and cons to the mirrors, the flushies are great. They look nice and clean on the 6. As for the mirrors go, I had to do some small modification to the product and the 6 in order to work. The rubber piece that helps secure the mirrors to the bike have a small piece that sticks out which goes into the stock mirrors to help stabilization, but these aftermarket mirrors are flat on the end of the mount so I had to cut that rubber piece off. Also I don't know if the seller of the mirrors shipped me a set for another bike or if they mistakenly assembled it wrong because the mount was screwed to the mirror upside down. Anyway no big deal, just corrected that and mounted them. So as for the pros and cons go:

Pros:
They look great. It compliments the 6 nicely.
Integrated turn signals are awesome since now trucks and SUV's can now more easily see my signals.
It was only $60 shipping included.

Cons:
The position of the mirrors don't give me quite as good of an angle as the stock mirrors.
Had to make a trip to the auto store to get proper materials for wiring.

Attachments

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
I bought a set of those mirrors, and a set of the signal block off's but the mirrors just set at a funny angle to me so I heated them and bent them down. I ended up breaking one of them and just decide to scrap them.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a set of those mirrors, and a set of the signal block off's but the mirrors just set at a funny angle to me so I heated them and bent them down. I ended up breaking one of them and just decide to scrap them.
They do sit somewhat oddly. I like them now but I'm keeping my stock just in case.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
LOL dude. You can change the angle of the mirrors.

With them mounted how they are, rotate the mirrors so they're facing away from you. Then take them off and switch the sides they're on.

It'll level them out for you LOL.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
LOL dude. You can change the angle of the mirrors.

With them mounted how they are, rotate the mirrors so they're facing away from you. Then take them off and switch the sides they're on.

It'll level them out for you LOL.

On the 08 the mirrors are mounted differently, and you actually can not bend the mirrors enough to level them. I actually heated mine with a small torch and bent the plastic on one of them it worked and the other broke. I may end up buying another set and taking it a little slower trying to bend it.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
I went out and threw on the other mirror so you can see what I did.. I was able to bend the mirror down at the stem without breaking it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went out and threw on the other mirror so you can see what I did.. I was able to bend the mirror down at the stem without breaking it.

Is that the one that you heated to get that way? That looks really good. Your Raven looks sweet btw.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Is that the one that you heated to get that way? That looks really good. Your Raven looks sweet btw.
Yep that is the one that I heated and did not break. I am looking at buying another set.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
I used the little torch that I use for the shrink wrap for wiring. I just pulled up the wiring from the mirror, and taped it out of the way, and then heated around the base for a minute of so, until I could feel the mirror bending down with out much force. Then I just held it there and threw some water on it. Just don't apply to much pressure on the mirror, because as I learned they will snap off.

·
The guy your mother loves
1,930 Posts
haha, nice Rufracer

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
I just ordered a second set of these mirrors for my 08 from the same place I ordered my first set, and I went to put them on today, and they look the same as the last ones but the bends on the stems are not the same. So I put them on, and they look better than the one that I bent. I also installed some signal block off. I will post pics once the wife gets home with the camera.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts