Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Fuller
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I am pretty much finished with all the mods to my bike.... tell me what you think... my bike is the 06 Raven, the blue one is my buddies 06 r6.

The only mod not pictured is a powder-coated side stand which I put on today.

My goal was to black everything using no carbon fiber. Anything else you guys could think of? Thanks.

List of Complete Mods:

M4 Full Exhaust. PCIII. K&N Filter. Vortex Full Adjustable Rear Sets. Powder Coated Side Stand. Seat Cowl. Fender Eliminator. Black Flushmounts. Pazzo Shorty Racing Levers. Puig DB Windscreen. Blacked Out Aux Light. Black Integrated Tailight. Lowered 2in. Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's.

Attachments

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Dude, ya go it slammed to the ground! Get some frame sliders like your buddy, and lose the chicken strips. Black is the best color.

·
Fuller
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you gotta remember with the bike being slammed, the center of gravity is completely different, its a lot harder to corner the bike compared to stock height, therefore there are chicken strips...i have frame sliders also, took them off for a bike night, just havent had time to put back on...

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
Looks good man.

If you don't mind my asking, did you lower it due for aesthetics or necessity? I'm not going to try and preach about why you shouldn't lower a bike or anything. I just was wondering because I think I'm going to lower whatever bike I get so I'm a little more sure footed on the street and then raise it back up for track days. Just curious more than anything.

·
Registered
853 Posts
you gotta remember with the bike being slammed, the center of gravity is completely different, its a lot harder to corner the bike compared to stock height, therefore there are chicken strips...i have frame sliders also, took them off for a bike night, just havent had time to put back on...
:wtf

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
Black it out more. Lose the rim tape. Then she''ll be unstoppable!! Killer bike.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
DOOD, looks great except for them fork tubes...they dont beat your helmet senseless everytime you lean in for a turn? I'd have a beat up visor w/ them things...:jacked

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Sorry boys but im just wondering what chicken strips are?

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
I got a suggestion, work on those chicken strips and then worry about how the bike looks. BTW, a mid pipe + and M4 slip on does not equal and M4 full exhaust. However, the bike looks nice.

It's the unused edge of the tires that goes all the way around like a strip. We call it chicken strip becuase unless you can use the entire tire youre a chicken.

Didn't realize you lowered it. What a waste:(

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Wikipedia definition: Chicken strips (motorcycle tires), a sometimes derogatory term used to describe the width of unused tread on the edges of motorcycle tires.
My definition: Chicken strips: the indicator on your rear tire telling everyone your to chicken s**t to lean the bike over to use the edges of the tires.:poke

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
First thing I'd recommend... and it's free. Use a heat gun and remove the emissions sticker on the frame on the right side. I took a good quality picture of mine with a digital camera just in case first, but with a little heat, the sticker came off real nice and pretty like. Then, placed it in my owners manual. Made the bike look a million times better.

Lowered isn't my style, but it looks sick otherwise. Nice job

·
MITICO
437 Posts
I thought there was something wrong with the picture until I read that you lowered it, I think it looks fine and I'm definitely pro-anti-chick-strips.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
check out the "my bike" link in my sig. in the first post there's a how-to about blacking out your radiator pipe. it's soooo simple, costs almost nothing, and yet very effective. bike looks great, gl!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts