Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I just need some advice/tips. I had a GS500F and am in the process of getting a 2007 R6. My first bike had a more upright riding position compared to the r6 which is more leaned over. So my question is, what are the best ways to ride on those bikes? any advice or tips would help! thanks
Looking forward to owning a Yamaha!

·
Registered
64 Posts
In for tips I haven't figured out yet!
:popcorn:

·
[RSEX]
127 Posts
well this should be interesting...:sing

·
Stop talking and Ride
160 Posts
use your back and abs to stay up right and dont put your whole body weight on the handlebars and you should be good. Also, make sure you search the threads before you ask questions like this. You might get made fun of :fact

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
use your back and abs to stay up right and dont put your whole body weight on the handlebars and you should be good. Also, make sure you search the threads before you ask questions like this. You might get made fun of :fact
haha thanks. Oh well I was just a little curious because first time sitting on it, very different. Just hoping for an idea how to properly position myself I guess.

·
vroom on a yamaha
551 Posts
Take ur time and ride at ur skill level. Don't be scared on turn ins the r6 is the most flickable of the 600s imo so some people get intimidated. So just keep cool and don't panic or do noob things like hitting the brakes hard during turns. you'll be good though if u ride at ur limit so just go out there and have fun :toocool

·
Premium Member
20,435 Posts
Use the left foot to put the kick stand down and walk away and call and schedule a motorcycle course :)

·
I drift my R6.
9 Posts
be light on the bars, no death grip.

and just slide it, gas really early, back it into corners. lol wut. thats not right. but it sure is fun!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nothing to it 09 R6 was my first bike. It has a lot of forgiveness.
Best advice so far (probably the only) is use abs to hold up right. You'll feel it in wrists or hands going numb if you are not. There isn't much for power until you hit 9-10k rpm.

Put full synthetic in it if not already, its a bit of a clunker shifting without it!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts