Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hey, an throw up some pics of my new bike. Be my first time on the street, Ive always stuck to the dirt till now. A friend of mine suggested the site, so I thought I would stop in an do some reading. Anyway here is my R6 which I got a steal on. :YEA

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
welcome to the forum.nice bike bro.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I trust my friend, and 15.oo bucks for a year of advice and what not is well worth it imo. Thanks for the all the greetings, see you guys around on the forums.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. I started riding on the street about 3 years ago now, but I also came from a dirt bike world. One thing I would suggest if you have not done is do the MSF course. It taught me alot about my bad dirt bike habbits that I had formed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im already signed up for the first week in Sept, it was the closest thing I could get. That class stays full almost year around down where I am at. Im hoping it will help me out some with my breaking, I just dont ever remember using the front brake as much on a dirt bike, as I am now.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Yeah the classes around here are usually filled up as well.. The breaking was one of the problems I was having, because when I did use the front break I was just using one finger.. Guess I at least use two now.:D

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
hello and welcome to the site.

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
welcome man! u got a nice looking bike.. now the only thing i would sugest besides the msf course is to take that chevy in and trade it for a ford :D other that that ur good hahaha jk brother. (no but for real)

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Welcome d00d! :wave

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ford.....Pisshaw....That Chevy has 100k miles on it, and the only thing I have had to repair is a broken AC belt. I think Ill keep it around for a bit longer. Plus the damn thing is paid for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts