Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the new advertiser on the side and checked out their website. I'm too lazy to call the place, but anybody know how much it costs for those integrated tail lights? And how does it compare to a dr.x kit from vfx?

How hard is it to install? I just a plug and play thing. Don't want to have to cut or solder anything.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
lazy :mrgreen:

wouldn't it have just been the same as if you clicked the "new post" button, typed out a whole bunch of words, and clicked "sumbit" :hammer

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, but then I have to act all polite and shit on the phone and pretend as though I'm actually going to buy their product, when I just want to know how much it costs. plus i wanted to find out if the vfx is better -- yeah, that sounds more like a good excuse for not calling...

·
Registered
7,662 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
To be honest, it looks just like the customLED insert that I have only without all the extra LED's of the other piece.

Clear Alternatives........

CustomLED<--- Clicky. check out the mad amounts of LED's in the tailight unit of the custom LED piece. also, you will have to cut with a dremel no matter which kit you go with but its so easy. I posses neither the cranial capacity nor the opposable digits necessary to do it yet somehow I did it.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
malice said:
hmm, if Im not mistaken, the Clear Alternatives was $79 bucks a few days ago. hmmm. Demand must be goooooooooood.
funny you say that...when I clicked it a couple days ago, I KNOW it said $89.00!! haha

maybe the product is being improved each day, and getting better!??! :hehe

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I'm kinda lazy and a little fat. Anybody know if the Yamaha shocks can handle my current weight of 375?

94.99 now. I don't own a dremel, and I really don't want to have to cut anything on the bike. Anybody know if you have to cut anything on the dr.x kit?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
LOL...you're killin me Ed! haha

actually the Dr. X kit has 2 options:

1. the standard "do it yourself" kit which you cut
2. The one that you buy the whole kit as one unit, and return your brake light to them. Like a core-charge "exchange" thing.

more expensive to do number 2 (wow, there is a joke there somewhere!)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just read the instuctions for the custom LED. You're smoking crack if you think I can do that. Use a dremel to precisely separate the stock LED board? There ain't no way in hell I'm doing that. Thanks for the suggestions, but shit, I'm not a gambling man, but I'd bet my r6 that if I tried that, I'd break the fucking thing all to hell.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the reply Yoda. Maybe I should just get the hotbodies undertail? I know you're a big fan of them.

Does the dr.x kit look like shit or is it pretty decent looking?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
LOL...hell, I may sell ya one of them HB tails...I am getting a new one from them, but I don't thin I will be usin it!! LOL

I will say this, everyone tells me that they can't see the blinkers on the HB undertail, so beware of that!

I think the Dr.X kit is pretty kewl, I almost got it myself. Still debating what I am going to do now. I have to be careful cuz I like my peg lights too, so I hvae to stay red led!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was just kidding about the HB undertail. After everybody was complaining about them, I doubt I'd buy anything from those bastards.

Does anybody on this forum have the dr.x or the customLED's. Do all the extra LED's on teh custom LED **** with the electrical system?

·
Registered
524 Posts
penfold said:
To be honest, it looks just like the customLED insert that I have only without all the extra LED's of the other piece.

check out the mad amounts of LED's in the tailight unit of the custom LED piece. also, you will have to cut with a dremel no matter which kit you go with but its so easy. I posses neither the cranial capacity nor the opposable digits necessary to do it yet somehow I did it.
They want almost $200 for that Custom LED unit! I would buy it but I'm saving being butt-raped for if/when I go to prison. :hump

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well apparently you don't have to cut your stock taillight with the CA kit. Its a complete unit with factory connectors... that makes it much more appealing than those other kits that you have to cut up the stocker.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts