Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I said, New PCIII, still in the Box. I changed my mind on my setup. I was gonna put a Midpipe and This on Along with My GYTR, but found that it all voids my warranty:thumbdown. I got it off Motomummy for $265, I'll let it go for $225.

Oh BTW, its for 2006-07 R6

·
Registered
313 Posts
It only voids your warranty if your shop is "By the Book". Yamaha is a pushover with warranty issues and will pay to fix almost anything. If the dealer will do the work, Yamaha will pay...basically the dealer decides if that voids your warranty because Yamaha never really sees the bike and what you've done. I'd make friends with a tech or parts guy at the dealer then you can add-on whatever you want (except nitrous...they usually don't like that because it is obvious you have it if you blow the engine).

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
+1. if your worried about that just have a stock and an aftermarket exhaust you can swap out when you go to the dealership.

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
your HIDS, flushmounts and C/A Int Tail Light void the warranty also!! so i say do it!!

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
It only voids your warranty if your shop is "By the Book". Yamaha is a pushover with warranty issues and will pay to fix almost anything. If the dealer will do the work, Yamaha will pay...basically the dealer decides if that voids your warranty because Yamaha never really sees the bike and what you've done. I'd make friends with a tech or parts guy at the dealer then you can add-on whatever you want (except nitrous...they usually don't like that because it is obvious you have it if you blow the engine).
The dealers dont have to provide pictures or anything for "proof"?? Does it take a long time for them to get re-inbursed for the labor/parts cost and maybe that why its easier for them to say "no its voided" and then collect the $ from the customer??

·
Registered
313 Posts
The dealers dont have to provide pictures or anything for "proof"?? Does it take a long time for them to get re-inbursed for the labor/parts cost and maybe that why its easier for them to say "no its voided" and then collect the $ from the customer??
No pics unless you try to warranty your paint or decals and still then I don't think they ask for pics. Sometimes they require the old parts to be returned to them for analysis which is why I commented about the nitrous. The tech's labor is paid just as quick to them as anything else they do. The dealership will wait a short time for reimbursement from Yamaha but all warranties work that way. The only 2 downsides for the tech are; 1. Yamaha (just like all warranties ie. Suzuki, Honda, Ford, Chevy, etc) pays less time for repairs so the tech gets le$$ for the job. and 2. If your mods are the cause of the issue then he can't actually fix it for you. He may be able to make up some BS about the issue and get paid for his diagnosis from Yamaha but he may not be able to actually fix it for free. Times are tough right now and most places will take any work they can get. They don't care who pays for it. :fact

Quick related example. My friend bought a used 05 GSXR 750 in Sep. '07. Last week he had an engine code C28 for his secondary throttle valve actuator come on. He inquired about the part and it is only serviced as the entire $900 throttle body assemebly! He was upset so I call my friend at the dealer and had him talk to a tech. He said that is common on GSXR's and emission parts (which the STVA is emision related) are covered for 5 years. They flat out said "we don't care what mods you have as long as you don't have any holes drilled in the TB's for nitrous." He got them replaced for free just a few days ago.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thats for an 06-07 R6 not S right? And does 225 include shipping? Im interested in buying this but 225 seems a little high because I can spend 40 more bucks and just get a brand new one.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Thats for an 06-07 R6 not S right? And does 225 include shipping? Im interested in buying this but 225 seems a little high because I can spend 40 more bucks and just get a brand new one.
it is brand new. cant you see how shiny it is?:lmao

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Put It On!!!

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It sucks, only because i already talked to the tech guy at my shop, and he specifically said that if i put all of it on, it would void the warranty, and he seemed pretty adamant about it. I understand that they would have to prove that the mod had a direct influence on the problem, but i dunno if the tech guy would pull for me in that situation or not.

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
hmmm maybe the tech guy is on the r6 forum in disguise and wants to buy your power commander.. sounds fishy to me , lol.

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
Find another shop to do warranty work and install the pcIII

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd be installing the PCIII, Mid pipe and GYTR Slip on. I don't see how going to another shop would get a different warranty anwser.

·
349 Posts
I'd be installing the PCIII, Mid pipe and GYTR Slip on. I don't see how going to another shop would get a different warranty anwser.
For the same reason said above its rare for a Dealership to void warranties over performance parts minus nitrous.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so i could take it to any yamaha dealer to get it fixed under my warranty, not just the one where i purchased the bike from?

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
I am almost positve that you can take it to any "Yamaha" dealer..i was able to do that with my car b/c i didnt like the first dealer and then i went to another!

·
349 Posts
so i could take it to any yamaha dealer to get it fixed under my warranty, not just the one where i purchased the bike from?
Exactly warranty works at any yamaha dealer.

·
Ride PINK!!!
19 Posts
pm sent

1 - 20 of 21 Posts