Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

LOL not exactly what you were expecting huh? This is the current state it's in. I got my paints from colorrite and now the prep work begins.

Can anyone tell me if this is the stock header?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Man, people suck. If I ever hear a guy talking about how he was in a hit & run accident & he's the one that ran, I'll punch him in the face really hard for you. Then I'll kick him in the gut a few times just for good measure.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
yeah, that looks like a stock header to me...but it can be really hard to tell from a pic. They all look so close alike.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
G/L with the bike. sorry again to hear about the hit and run, thats a d!ck move.

the headers on the 05 are hollow (they have no restrictors at all, no cat, baffels or anything) so you aftermarkets are pretty much the same as your stock.

·
YZF-R6 Fighter Pilot
188 Posts
I could be wrong, but I would say they are stock headers. Every full exaust system I have seen for that year bike has the headers, and mid pipe welded together. You can see your mid pipe is just bolted on which tells me it's just a slip on pipe.

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
G/L with the bike. sorry again to hear about the hit and run, thats a d!ck move.

the headers on the 05 are hollow (they have no restrictors at all, no cat, baffels or anything) so you aftermarkets are pretty much the same as your stock.
minus the part about aftermarket headers flow better b/c of the bending/curves as well as the weight saving's, which is really what you want to go for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts