What should i do for my pup?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what up everyone!

I know we dont get as much traffic as we used to but oh well...wanted to get some opinions from some of the members now!

Unfortunately, i lost my pup on November 7th. I loved her and she was amazing. She got liver cancer and passed away at 8 years 4 months. I posted a few pics of her over the years but she was a full Rottie and was my girl.

Its been enough time and i've decided to get another pup...i've been looking for strictly a red heeler because i'm looking to get a different sex and different breed so i dont expect the new pup to be just like Roxy.

Anyway...the other night i found a Border Collie/Catahoula mix just a couple hours from me that would be available on May 4th which is great timing for me.

I'm not "crazy" about a different breed other than the red heeler i've been looking for but this one is perfect timing, owners seem very attentive, and he's close.

Should i:
1. Wait and get the red heeler
2. Cave and go with the border collie/catahoula mix available now
3. See if there are other border collie mixes, such as a border collie/heeler, down the road

I'm not putting an other option for the pole because i'm not looking for other breeds other than the above ;)

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
Sucks this place isn't what it used to be. I check in every now and then and all I see are "Getting my 5 posts" threads. The format switch really killed this place.

But...why not both? Can never save enough pups. And BC/Catahoula sounds like a gorgeous mix. Gonna have some working pups on your hands.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its true - i remember when this place was hoppin for sure. oh well. I dont have facebook and wouldnt use that even if i did so i'll continue to be here haha

i decided to pass on the pup and will continue searching for a red heeler...just feels like the right dog for me. Definitely going to have my hands full with him...

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so sorry for Roxy...she was a great pup as far as I remember.

Have you looked at red heeler rescues?
Yeah, man...it was definitely hard on me to lose her. I was drunk that day and hungover the next for sure.

She was a great pup and i miss her for sure :)

I did look at rescues, actually. However, i thought about it more after i posted and decided to get the Catahoula/Border Collie mix. The people really sold him for me as well. They were super responsive, answered every question i had, and provided me with every photo i asked for.

I pick him up May 4th. His name is Cash (short for Cassius)...here are a few recent pics of him - currently 4 weeks old :)

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Pretty dog. I lost my Bull Terrier to cancer
and it was about 3 months before I got another pup (got a beagle this time). Can’t stand to be without a dog.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty dog. I lost my Bull Terrier to cancer
and it was about 3 months before I got another pup (got a beagle this time). Can’t stand to be without a dog.
sorry to hear that, man...

its been super quiet at my place which is what got me looking again. I'm nervous for the new pup but still very excited. Will be great.

hoping he'll keep those blue eyes but if he doesnt, oh well. I'll know in 2-3 weeks or so.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I would have suggested a rescue instead of a breeder but it's your choice. not enough pups have homes and they get euthanized too often. but I didn't come here to preach. cute pup!

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked at rescues but didnt find the pup i was wanting...i do agree with you, though.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pick him up next friday :)

·
Shut up Tucker
380 Posts
I totally agree, I hardly ever check in anymore because the traffic has just died out.

pick him up next friday :)
So if my math is correct, that would be tomorrow!! Happy for ya dude, its a gorgeous pup!

·
Shut up Tucker
380 Posts
Look who the cat dragged in...still riding track?
I don't want to hijack Matt's thread cuz this is all about his new puppy! :grin: but the short answer is no. I was in a pretty bad accident last summer (not motorcycle related) and am still recovering. I have just now been able to get back on the bike and only for short distances. Maybe this fall though!

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
I don't want to hijack Matt's thread cuz this is all about his new puppy! :grin: but the short answer is no. I was in a pretty bad accident last summer (not motorcycle related) and am still recovering. I have just now been able to get back on the bike and only for short distances. Maybe this fall though!
To keep this thread on point...you also need a pup to get you back on track physically...:sing

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hijack away!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts