Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let me explain found a great deal on a R6 and let my son buy it he lives with me and we will be bringing her back from death :toocool:

Here is a pic of her now.

She will have to have some body work done well the whole body LOL but other than that some wire connections here and there.

I have been riding since the 80s and raced for a year back then while in the Army my Son had his motorcycle licsence first then got his car.

Well anyhow hope to get some good info here Thanks for having me..

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Awesome...welcome to the forum

Take a look in the for-sale section, youll find what you need

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the story on that R6?
Long story guy bought it and well he was past the limit so to speak and parked it and he left the key in and someone wanted a joy ride and well it did not last long.

Why are you starting with such a destroyed canvas?
Well lets just say I have started with worse and I am doing a frame up on a Triumph Spitfire also. Oh and the price was right :YEA .

Take a look in the for-sale section, youll find what you need
Yeah need a Subframe and the whole body.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
pm going your way and dont listen to ^ hes :screwy jk as long as the price was right its all good

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum man. Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Be sure to make a thread in the rebuild section so we can track your progress! Dont forget to take lots of pictures! Do you have a goal for when the bike will be done?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The frame is broken. If the frame was fine I think it'd be a fun project.
You can tell that from that pic :secret tell ya what it is not ...

The Subframe maybe yes but the frame Nope.... Have been working on bikes for a few years :rolleyes: and do know what to look for even if it was I got a good enough price that the parts would makeup the cost of what I paid :sing

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts

The Subframe maybe yes but the frame Nope.... Have been working on bike for a few years :rolleyes: and do know what to look for even if it was I got a good enough price that the parts would makeup the cost of what I paid :sing
Looks like fun, check here and the WERA forums for parts. prove the haters wrong and make it shine once again:cheers

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts

The Subframe maybe yes but the frame Nope.... Have been working on bikes for a few years :rolleyes: and do know what to look for even if it was I got a good enough price that the parts would makeup the cost of what I paid :sing
I don't see any mounting points for the subframe on the frame itself.

I built my bike from the ground out in my garage. I think I know a thing or two sugar tits. ;)

-Ant.

edit-I don't see why people are saying I and others are haters. How am I hating? I just think it was a bad investment IF the frame is f'ed.

·
^ Matt
5,011 Posts
welcome and GL on the build...

you will have to forgive some of the members in here... they mean well just never discovered the art of sugar coating

·
her name is Megan Fox
2,583 Posts
welcome and GL on the build...

you will have to forgive some of the members in here... they mean well just never discovered the art of sugar coating
I don't see any mounting points for the subframe on the frame itself.

I built my bike from the ground out in my garage. I think I know a thing or two sugar tits. ;)

-Ant.
he said sugar tits with a wink, what else do you want? :laugh

1 - 20 of 42 Posts