Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
My R6 ate me
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, seems like a good family here as far as I gathered so far. Well I'm new around here, had my R6 for about a year. Crashed it 3 months ago :bash broke plenty of bones, still in recovery :flex:

Bought some parts from people on here. Transforming blue R6 to raven style theme at the moment. Maybe I'll post a thread on all my steps. I'm sure someone has already beat me to it though. Looking forward to a long journey on this fourm. :nocontrol

Ian.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
welcome.

·
My R6 ate me
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:wave welcome and if you need any parts let me know i have a decent collection :secret
What parts do you have? I still need a lower right fairing and a rear wheel "raven"

Thanks!

:wave

sorry bout the get off hope everything heals up nicely

build threads are always good =]
Hey, it happens. Thanks though. lesson learned. Clean rear tire COMPLETELY off of chain lube over spray before going out for a riding session in the twisties.
Cost me an open leg fracture, several broken ribs, punctured lung, fractured scapula! :jacked Plus $500 emergency visit co-payment and money for bike parts. My health insurance covered the other 700k of my 2 week stay. :scared

The good thing is, I'm alive, got time off work and I'm building my bike the way I wanted it to be.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry about the crash, totally sucks ass. Good luck getting her put back together, hopefully you'll be back up and riding soon.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
:wave hello...glad you're healing well. Looking forward to the rebuild pics!

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
My health insurance covered the other 700k of my 2 week stay. :scared

The good thing is, I'm alive, got time off work and I'm building my bike the way I wanted it to be.
DAYUM! 700k is close to the 1 million lifetime limit a lot of insurance companies have..

Start a build thread ASAP. And I hope you start feeling better soon!

·
Pigs can fly!
1,160 Posts
Hey, it happens. Thanks though. lesson learned. Clean rear tire COMPLETELY off of chain lube over spray before going out for a riding session in the twisties.
Consider lubing the chain near the lower fairings instead of wherever you are doing it that sprays onto the wheel next time :sing

And if you haven't already, consider joining Bay Area Riders Forum for more local networking ;)

Heal fast! :)

·
My R6 ate me
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the forum, sorry about the crash, totally sucks ass. Good luck getting her put back together, hopefully you'll be back up and riding soon.
Thanks Ghost, I also hope I get her finished by spring so I can jump on her and ride once again.

:wave hello...glad you're healing well. Looking forward to the rebuild pics!
Thank you R6chick, I'm going through pain therapy oh I mean physical therapy 3 time a week to help regain my strength and right arm movement back to where it was. I'll definitely create another post with what I ended up doing to my bike for sure. It'll be awhile though, it's a long process to paint and wet sand and paint and wet sand etc.

DAYUM! 700k is close to the 1 million lifetime limit a lot of insurance companies have..

Start a build thread ASAP. And I hope you start feeling better soon!
Thanks Chief, I hope I recover fast as well. It irritates me that I can't ride, even in this rain. Actually it was around 720k when I finally got out, that's not including the check up x-rays and physical therapy. I didn't know some insurance companies have a limit on peoples health. That's crazy.

·
My R6 ate me
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Consider lubing the chain near the lower fairings instead of wherever you are doing it that sprays onto the wheel next time :sing

And if you haven't already, consider joining Bay Area Riders Forum for more local networking ;)

Heal fast! :)
Yeah I'll start doing that for now on..
I'm not a member of BARF yet but I have gone on that forum a few times to check it out. I will soon for sure. Do you have the same name on that forum?

·
Ride carefully
116 Posts
welcome, and sorry to hear about the crash, i hope you can get better soon, but can you explain us how it happened, and do you have pic?

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
:wave from sacramento, but San diego for right now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts