Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been following this forum since I was a young guy. I've never taken the plunge to get a street bike and kept it on the dirt - Husaberg. I finally decided to do the deed and get an R6, a bike I've been lusting over for about 10 years.

Thats all great, but some cock sucker ran into me on the 405 from behind and knocked me off my bike. Of course the **** did a hit and run. Luckily I kept her under control and lowsided. Being the creeper I am, I learned the term "all the gear all the time." When I first got the bike I went out and bought full leathers, gloves, helmet(s), and boots. I walked away from an hit and run at 80mph with nothing but helmet scratches and a sore neck.

The bike was better than expected. My rim was dented, fairings scratched, brake lever broken, and frame slider definitely did it's job. Getting back on the road tomorrow :)

I would just like to thank a lot of you guys that reinforce good riding habits. I'll try to get active on here now that I'm riding, I've been following this community for a long time ;p

-cb

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Aloha!!! Glad you're okay.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I just don't understand what kind of human being hits a person with their automobile and then runs away. :nono

Glad you're alright, and the bike isn't bad. Come out and do some track days! If anyone hits you there, you can always go find them in the pits. ;)

·
Needs a ride to the track
1,115 Posts
I just don't understand what kind of human being hits a person with their automobile and then runs away. :nono

Glad you're alright, and the bike isn't bad. Come out and do some track days! If anyone hits you there, you can always go find them in the pits. ;)
LMAO for real always find them in the pits... I wonder how often shit like that goes down.

·
Needs a ride to the track
1,115 Posts
There's only one time I got hit and had to go track the guy down. Luckily it was Mark and he was pitted under the same EZ-Up. :laugh
:swordfigh hahahaha funny as shit dude you are pitting with out of all the guys on the track is the one to tag you lol.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
We may have bumped elbows / shoulders going into turn 1 on a race start at Chuckwalla. :)

Was all in good fun.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:wave

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
We may have bumped elbows / shoulders going into turn 1 on a race start at Chuckwalla. :)

Was all in good fun.
Yes it was. :D

I also had a guy hit me at Buttonwillow once. Put a big scrape in my tail and knocked his knee slider off with mine. I was more startled than anything and was scrapping that tail anyway so I wasn't pissed. He tracked me down and apologized.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks y'all. I rode up to Chico from LA and that was a good ride. Loving the R6, its great in the twistys. Brakes are amazing, saved me from 2 deer.

I'll try to make it out to the track within a few months. Going to have to finish making her flush before I hit the track.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts