Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone,

Just picked up a new 08 R6 (Blue) last weekend, and finally got approval to join this site. So, I thought I'd drop in and say hello.

This is going to be my first Yamaha, as I've always owned Honda's and Kawi's in the past. I must say, though that I really like a lot of things about this bike over my current 06 CBR. The one thing I can say was a dissapointment was remvoing the rear fender. I was expecting to be able to access the bolts easily from the trunk area. Boy was I wrong. Anyway, this bike looks pretty sweet with no junk hanging off the backend.

Mods so far: High Concept fender eliminator; Progrip gell grips, Progrip cf tank pad, tech specs tank grips, lawst caws frame plugs, puig double buble windscreen; greggs flushmounts. Now, if I can only find a way to plug the holes in fairing from removing the passenger pegs, I'd be pretty damn happy. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for plugging up the hole in the bottom of the fairing where the wires run for the signals? I was going to get the Greggs fe kit, as it covers that area really nicely, but nobody had them in stock.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Hmmm, I'm not sure where you can get the plug w/o buyin a whole kit. Maybe go to a hardward store and go to the plumbing section, find an end cap for a pipe and polish it? :dunce: I'm not quite too sure bro

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They both have their pro's and cons.

The Honda just feels incredibly stable. It is also pretty easy to work on for the most part. When riding it, I feel like I have a lower center of gravity, and I fit INTO the bike. I know most people say the R6 is gutless in low/mid RPM, but the Honda is as well. In all honesty, I'd say the R6 has more power than the Honda. The suspension on the CBR is just crap, IMHO. I guess they expect every rider to be about 150 lbs.

For the R6, I feel like I'm on top of the bike, instead of fitting into it. It is much more flickable, but I don't feel unstable at all. I definately like the race looks of the bike, but I must say that it is much harder to work on than the Honda. The R6 requires removal of the fairings, and gear shift rod just to do an oil change. You also have to remove about twice as many bolts to get the fairing off as you do with Honda. The biggest downside is gas mileage, as I commute on the bike a lot. With the CBR, I was getting 49 MPG and that was averaging 75+ MPH and gassing it hard in certain places. The R6 is getting about 32. I really do like the suspension, and GP exhaust though.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
welcome dude....factorymx can't wait till i see your bike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts