Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just got my first bike today, a 2003 R6. i have been riding my brothers CBR for a few years and finally decided to get one of my own. anything i should know about the bike?

·
Registered
66 Posts
USD,

congrats on your recent aquisition- I am sure you will be very very pleased.

As for anthing you might want to know- there is a wealth of info within this forum on just about every topic related to the R6.

Hang out and have fun...

Welcome

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome :hammer

Check out the thread about the Ignition Coil. THere is a problem with the 03 R6 that needs fixing.

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
welcome to the best r6-forum. :mrgreen:

also have you taken the moto safety course. if not i would recommend it. it can help to rid you of some bad habits you might have and teach a few things you didnt know :cheers

·
Registered
712 Posts
Welcome to the forum and yes there is something you need to know about your r6...it's the best 600cc bike out there...although my opinion is a little bias!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Enjoy the new bike USD, I test drove a blue 02 model last week and am taking delivery on monday morning.
Have booked the day off to indulge myself fully.

Great forum guys, lots of useful info

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
welcome to both of you, and congrats on the purchase.

the R6 kicks ass, and I know you will soon agree! This site also kicks ass, and we have a ton of info and a GREAT family here.\

have fun, and read away...just watch out for Loki, he likes to :gas

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone

i read the post about the coils and i want to check them, but i dont really think this is the type of project an 18 year old kid should be attempting on his 3 day old bike. if i just take it to a dealer, will they check it for free or what? do i just need to give them the recall number or whatever it was?

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
yoda said:
welcome to both of you, and congrats on the purchase.

the R6 kicks ass, and I know you will soon agree! This site also kicks ass, and we have a ton of info and a GREAT family here.\

have fun, and read away...just watch out for Loki, he likes to :gas
man why does everyone always warn them about me, im mean my :gas arent always that bad are they :mrgreen:

·
Registered
514 Posts
if you don't mind, you said you were 18, how much do you pay for insurance? i want to see how much 18-19 year olds are paying for their ins.
Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah im lucky, i know
but i had to sell my acura for the bike, so it will end up about even

the only thing i do know about the insurance is that it is through progressive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts