Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded from a ninja 250, bought a 2007 R6 two days ago. Been riding a little over a year. Interested in any advice from seasoned riders. Also, any recommendations for slip on exhaust?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Welcome. I took the same route. Had an '08 250 for a cpl years. Sold it a while back and just picked up my '09 R6 a cpl months ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand why you'd recommend keeping it stock however it already has a slip on and I'm not impressed. Just want something to make it sound better for now, any ideas?

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
I understand why you'd recommend keeping it stock however it already has a slip on and I'm not impressed. Just want something to make it sound better for now, any ideas?
my opinion is that if you have the money to do as many track days as possible and you can still afford fancy parts, then go for it. otherwise, just use what you got. it could sound like country music or a justin bieber song as long as i could make my track day and i wouldn't care a bit. you shouldn't either. don't be vain...

s3aturnr

·
2 > 4
156 Posts
Due to the R6 having the under bike muffler, slipons have very little effect to sound or power and it isn't worth the money really to change them. Knock yourself out if you want though since it is your time/money :)

Some liked brands are Leo Vince and Akrapovic, but that is usually regarding full systems. I am sure the slipons by them are also nice.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
I've got a Jardine GP-1 on my bike, which is pretty much just a glorified tip. It got rid of the canister but still has the under bike muffler. I absolutely love the look of it, actually looks good attached to the muffler. I will eventually be going the mid-pipe and slip-on route to get rid of the box. Until then, the look of the tip and the small sound gains from getting rid of the canister are enough to keep me happy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Due to the R6 having the under bike muffler, slipons have very little effect to sound or power and it isn't worth the money really to change them. Knock yourself out if you want though since it is your time/money :)

Some liked brands are Leo Vince and Akrapovic, but that is usually regarding full systems. I am sure the slipons by them are also nice.
Thanks for the advice, I did some research and I heard the same thing about minimal effect... What goes into getting a full system or mid pipe and which would you recommend?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a Jardine GP-1 on my bike, which is pretty much just a glorified tip. It got rid of the canister but still has the under bike muffler. I absolutely love the look of it, actually looks good attached to the muffler. I will eventually be going the mid-pipe and slip-on route to get rid of the box. Until then, the look of the tip and the small sound gains from getting rid of the canister are enough to keep me happy.
Thanks for the advice!. I will probably do the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts