Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Traded in my 07' FZ6 for a 08' R6S. still doing the break-in so I haven't had a chance to wind it out yet, but it is a much smoother more percise bike, I never really had any complaints with my old FZ6, it was a terrific bike but in comparisson the new R6S feel way more refined as a whole.

Ok, so now some questions...

Is there a R6S forum of sorts out there or are these so close to the R6 that everyone just uses these general R6 forums? The reason I ask is i'm trying to look for dyno charts and R6S specific info and I can't do a search for R6S because its too few characters, so I turn up tons of R6 information that doesn't seem to apply. I'm assuming the R6S is more rare so having a separate forum may not make sense. But I didn't see an R6S specific sub-forum either.

Anyone with an R6S have any experience with bar risers of some sort? It wouldn't hurt to bring the bars up closer to me an inch or two....

Anyone know if the redline on the R6S is "optomistic", Thats one of the reasons I was looking for dyno charts. My old FZ6 seemed to hit redline at 13000 even tho the tach says 14000, and It seems the R6 has something fishy going on as well. Just curious about the R6S with its 15500 redline...

Last question...
My only main complain with the R6S is the super huge exhaust pipe. The R6 of course comes with a nice short one and its quiet too. It would seem that you can swap the short exhaust over but the noise gets real loud as the R6 has some sort of collector box that the R6S doesn't. Has anyone got something to work like the short R6 exhaust that is also quiet? I'm not really looking to make the bike louder, a little louder is ok. I'm just trying to get rid of that huge pipe, lol.

Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
458 Posts
haha I don't have clue to any of your questions but I noticed you were from NH. what part. I went to high school for a lil bit in kingston

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha I don't have clue to any of your questions but I noticed you were from NH. what part. I went to high school for a lil bit in kingston
Lol, well aren't you a big help :)

I'm in Southern NH down near the Mass border. I'm probably about half hour from Kingston.

·
morphing is cool
523 Posts
just look at the info for the older model r6 with the same body style. the info should be almost the same since its practically the same bike

·
Ur mom doesnt fit on back
247 Posts
just look at the info for the older model r6 with the same body style. the info should be almost the same since its practically the same bike
i agree, basically the same bike - combination of the 04 and 05 r6. so as for dyno charts, personally i would trust the ones for those bikes.

There is no r6s forum, i post all of my r6s problem/ques here without any prblem

as for exhaust, if you like the short exhaust id look into the scorpion street extreme. thats what i have mounted on my r6s. its got a db killer (thats removable) that keeps the sound lower.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a link. Thanks for the info, I might get this pipe for my bike.
The website says "Street Extreme is louder than the EMark Silencers"

Ok, so where's the e-mark series on their website? lol...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts