Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This post is to see what kind of production numbers im looking at.
im am in the middle of making new rear hand brake kits.
I desined and had these manufactured in the USA.
This kit will work with most sport bikes and all the Yamahas
i wanted a rear hand breake that did not cost $300.00.
production is not yet complete, but estamated price will be around $100.00-150.00 and maybe as low as $75.00.
im still working on the patent. so thats all the information i can give rite now.
please post if you would be interested thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow i realy thought there would be more pepole interested i guess my production numbers need to stay low. i will have 7 prototypes done the end of this week if all goes well.

·
crap
141 Posts
interested here.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i would love a rear hand brake!!!!!!!!! i stunt fiddys, but with out a rear hand brake i won't even mess around with my R6. i would be nice to do some basic stunten in a lot with the yami !!!!!!

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok got the price on the manufacturing side the price will be $65.00+S&H for the do it your self kit and still working on the price for a complete kit.

for the do it your self kit you will recive instruction on how to assembe the kit to your disire. you will need to buy a few things to complete the intsall with the do it your self kit.

the complete kit price is still to come.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also this kit works with stock clip-ons and no modifacation to your control assy aka turnsignal box ect..
i will have pictures by the end of the week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i got the unit assy finnished today but it needs to be tweeked to be to my standards. i will not have pics untill ive finished because i need to make back the money i have spent on making this and i dont want any one to steal my idea.

thank you all for your intrest and i will try to get them finished asap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i've decided to share this information because im a f***ing nice guy lol

here we go its a simple bracket that mounts ontop of you stock R6 cluch lever to alow a second cluch lever to be installed ontop of the first. its fully adjustable allowing the lever to be infront or behind your stock lever or even inline with it. it uses the stock rear master cyl via a cable.

i will post pictures soon

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
it would be sweet if you could hook us up with a little "how to" write up. detail the process, exactly what you did and what worked for you, specific parts and tools, and some pics!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
when u design a brake lever that's controlled by my brain, gimme a call :D

no really, sounds pretty cool tho. is it just a mounting bracket? do u supply ur own lever?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts