Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i need a new rear tire for my 08 r6. I have a brand new PP3 on the front and the rear is a PP3 as well. It was half way down when i bought the bike and now after 4k miles its down to cords. I ride alot of interstate and highway because I travel home alot(160miles all interstate). So im looking for a tire that will last long and be grippy in the corners. I use the whole tire when i get onto the back roads and twisties. Just looking for something that will last a long time for my type of riding.

·
STUGOTS
110 Posts
I've heard nothing but great things about the Pirelli rosso 2, great in the wet, real sticky if you plan on hitting the twistys and good mileage for highway travel.
I too, am stuck between the Pirelli rosso 2, michelin PP 3's and the dunlop Q3's.
I have to say that I am leaning towards the Pirelli rosso 2's

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Ive heard really good things about the Pirelli Angel tires are really good. Alot of canyon riders are swearing by them and one guy said he got 12500kms out of them but I dont know how he rides so cant really go by that too much. Im leaning towards the Rosso 2s also and ive been on the Q3s as well which are very nice tires.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you have a near new pp3 get a pp3 for the rear. Having matching tires is always a plus and for some reason it annoys the sh*t out of me to see mixed matched tires. That's just me but if you got 4.5k miles out of a half worn tire why not buy the tire?

If you want to switch it up buy a set of q3s and try them out.

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts
You and thousands of other people have asked the same question. Everyone thinks they're Mr. Rossi in the twisties.

How about doing some reading?
Shut the front door.

You mean you're trying to tell me I'm not like Rossi when I carve up the back roads? You're telling me I don't need to be running race slicks when I do my weekend rides?

Get outta here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.