Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hey. I picked up my 09 R6 Friday evening from a local dealer. I live a bit south of Houston in a tiny town of Alvin (which may be hell on earth but that's neither here nor there). Here are some pics of it bone stock before my next paycheck rolls in and I can' start with the mods.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
oh man, you shoulda rode out to MSRH just south of pearland and just north of angleton - on saturday. www.ridesmart.info just had a trackday out there and there was about 25 of us WFOriders out there.

welcome to the addiction (of modding) - if you EVER wanna have money again, don't ever go to the track. but if you ever wanna have the most fun ever, then DO go. it's a catch 22 really.

welcome to the nation r6 forum. if you ever wanna local ride, check out wforiders. we do rides locally AT LEAST once a week, and typically do city-wide meet-n-greets every other week. you're only about 45 minutes from me (tomball). hope to see ya around!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went ahead and registered, I've actually never done a track day. Before this I rode a Harley (don't laugh we all start somewhere) since it was free and also rode a Ninja 650. But one of these days I'd love to. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
you don't have to ride track to ride with us. it's a 33/33/33 (plus 1) group. 33% are street only, 33% are track only, and 34% (to keep the math right) do both. i'm part of the latter - as is tolles. there's actually a forest run and then dinner this thursday. if you feel like it, you should head out. no rider left behind is our mentality - always at everone's own pace. hopefully we'll see ya at a m&g in the future - you'll like the group. like a little weird family. haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice bike man! Alvin isn't that bad! haha

I had a Harley first myself. Not as much fun as the R6 though! Its all apart in the garage getting a full M4, Bazzaz w/ auto tune, and air filter. Install's going a little slower then thought, but thats b/c I'm overly cautious and way to meticulous.

Congrats though, you'll love the bike.

Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts