Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just picked up an 08 R6 about 3 weeks ago. It's my first bike but I am really comfortable on it. Most of my co-workers ride and more than a few are wishing they had one. I took the MSF course and I would recommend it to anyone before even thinking about getting a bike. :toocool:

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
where in the bay area are you from?
hook up with redwood650..he's from the bay...i'm from sacramento...welcome to the forum

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm from San Jose and I will be taking some pics soon; I've been too busy riding the R6. :YEA

·
I hate rain.
19 Posts
welcome. ride safe.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pics as requested!

I wasn't going to do anything to the bike and then all of a sudden I had ordered Racefit slash cut exhaust, ASV levers, Puig Z-racing windscreen in smoke, and Proton flush mounts.

My gear includes an A* TZ-1 jacket, an A* Haga TLD 1 piece, Arai Quantum-2, A* gloves, and Sidi vertigo air boots.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
awesome bike bro! I'm in Vacaville/Fairfield area, get at me if you wanna ride sometime. I make trips every now and then down.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey man I'm in Hayward if you ever wanna roll hit me up! There is going to be a yamaha meat this coming saturday.. you should join us. hit me up for info

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What time is the meet? I have to work Saturday until 5pm.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What time is the meet? I have to work Saturday until 5pm.
dammn.. I start work at 5PM. but the meet is at SF at 1PM. alot of people will be going to it from SJ, if anything you could link up with them, or you can meet me up me and a bunch of others at the In n out in union city and head out to the city. if you decide to call in for work, pm me ill give you my #

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Call into work I wish; we are already down a couple of guys so that's a no go for me. Thanks anyways maybe next time.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
go with us on the tracks...pm me for more info, if your down sept. 8th. learn how to ride and race at the same time:fact

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome to the forum bro, and nice ride! I'm in between Sacramento and Fresno, and down for a ride any time. Already a few guys in Fresno from here for a ride. Take care and be safe. Smokin.....where's the meet at in SF?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Smokin.....where's the meet at in SF?
the meet is up at the marina green park at 1PM this saturday.

other than that there will be a SF night ride on AUG 29th. This is one of the most fun rides I've been on that don't involve the twisties, sometimes more than a 100 riders show up. the meet spot for that one is in the same spot too.

heres a clip of the ride, its the last friday of every month. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IXjdyYgac0&feature=related

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
go with us on the tracks...pm me for more info, if your down sept. 8th. learn how to ride and race at the same time:fact
That's why I got the suit; I work with a crap load of riders they say that is the best way to learn. Street only=bad habits. Track=Good skills for street or track.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts