Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to the forum and have been riding about a month and a half now and had a couple questions

1. Where can I buy some good fairings I dropped it once luckily I have frame sliders so it didn't get to beat up but in the future I want to buy a good set of fairings where is the best place to buy them.

2. What's the main difference between the 600 bikes (Gsxr,Zx6,Cbr600,R6) in performance, handling stuff like that.

3. Is it hard to replace a rectifier from what I have read and from what the guys at my local power sports place said that is the problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a couple other questions

1. I'm stalling when I shift down am I not letting the Rpms drop enough or am I shifting down to soon?

2. Also when im at a stop should I have both feet down and have the bike in neutral or should I have one foot on the peg and be in first

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Hey guys im new to the forum and have been riding about a month and a half now and had a couple questions

1. Where can I buy some good fairings I dropped it once luckily I have frame sliders so it didn't get to beat up but in the future I want to buy a good set of fairings where is the best place to buy them.
the best place? depends on what you want. OEM is the best. you have to order them from the dealer. they will cost you, tho...

2. What's the main difference between the 600 bikes (Gsxr,Zx6,Cbr600,R6) in performance, handling stuff like that.
right now? YOU. your skill level is what will make any of those bikes fast or slow. until you've been riding for awhile on the race track, you probably will have no idea what any of the differences are aside from aesthetic or personal comfort

3. Is it hard to replace a rectifier from what I have read and from what the guys at my local power sports place said that is the problem.
i have no idea. never tried it. but, it sounds like it's not that difficult, provided you have clear access to the rectifier...

s3aturnr

·
wat?
722 Posts
2. Also when im at a stop should I have both feet down and have the bike in neutral or should I have one foot on the peg and be in first
Not sure why the number of feet on the pegs is related to whether you are in gear or not... if you can put both feet down (i.e., you're tall enough), then do so. Otherwise, left foot down and right foot on the rear brake.

You should not sit at a stop in neutral. You want to remain in gear so that when some ditzy teen texting on her cell phone comes barreling up behind you and it's obvious she isn't going to stop in time.... you can instantly get out of the way without trying to kick the bike into gear first. Always stay in gear and always watch your mirrors.

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
Got a couple other questions

1. I'm stalling when I shift down am I not letting the Rpms drop enough or am I shifting down to soon?

Have you attended a Washington Motorcycle Safety Training course? http://www.gowmst.com/

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Not sure why the number of feet on the pegs is related to whether you are in gear or not... if you can put both feet down (i.e., you're tall enough), then do so. Otherwise, left foot down and right foot on the rear brake.

You should not sit at a stop in neutral. You want to remain in gear so that when some ditzy teen texting on her cell phone comes barreling up behind you and it's obvious she isn't going to stop in time.... you can instantly get out of the way without trying to kick the bike into gear first. Always stay in gear and always watch your mirrors.
Agree right here. I will go to N when stopped, but I always wait until there are a few cars behind me first. and ALWAYS watch the mirrors to see if that person is going to stop or not, thats my biggest fear riding.

also, :wave welcome!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did take the Basic Rider Course and I do have my endorsement I got my bike about 6 months after I took the course. I just asked about having both feet on the ground when I stop because I usually have one foot on the ground and the other on the peg I find its a lot easier to start off from a stop that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts