Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently getting some accesories put on my 99 for looks at the moment, but along with that comes some small performance mods.

My question is...I currently have a ackropovic slip-on and am planning for new spark plugs and a new K & N air filter. After thats installed, I know I will have to re-jet. Last season, I had 2 flat spot during my rpm range so I am hoping they are cured after a dyno run and re-jetting. Do you guys think that this will be ok mods and should the re-jetting fix those flat spots I have?

Also I was wondering what brand of plugs u guys prefer and if any other filters than K & N you guys prefer?

thx

·
Registered
995 Posts
i'v read some excellent writeups on BMC Air Filters, very good build quality, rejetting will get rid of some of the flat spots, but wont be perfect without a full system and engine work.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
for plugs id go with ngk the filter I would keep stock unless yours is bad and getting it tuned should get rid of the flat spots for you

·
Registered
586 Posts
I also have a 99. Even with a jet kit I still had the dead spot from 4-6k rpm. I've done a few things other to help this. I run the cooler of the two plugs recommended, I run only 89 octane fuel and the single most helpful thing, got a Flo-commander. Took away the dead spot 99%. Try those things too. :cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts