Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for some fresh rubber for the r6! I have only ever had pirelli diablos on, IMO not the best tire but thats just my opinion.

Been doing alot of reading and the Michelin pilot power 3s stuck out the best to me, This is not my track bike. Just a daily, weekend back road warrior!

Im looking for something sticky, good for the street and decent milage, Im getting away from the q3's because 5000km wont take me long!

any ideas! (cant seem to find stock on the michelin pilot power 3s) not that its a rush anyway #winter...... :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking in to these now! I absolutely overlooked this model!
Probably the best tire to have on those occasions you get caught out in the rain. Great traction in the dry too, and they last a long time.
Ended up going with Bridgestone s21 just because where I live there lots of nice roads I won’t be riding in the rain too often and I can get close to a full season 7-10km out of these bad boys!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't think any road tire for the street is better than Road 5s. The only reason why the other models are still being sold is because the inventory didn't deplete yet. It's like buying a '15 instead of an '18. If everyone knew this it would be bad for business.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My Michelin pilot power 2CT’s have done amazing things for me. Ive pushed them far past what I should on the road haha.
Just my .02 🍻

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the metzler m7rr is a decent in between. Id say maybe 7-8k out of them. Stickier than the pilot road 4 and 5 on the sides. Imho

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I don't think any road tire for the street is better than Road 5s. The only reason why the other models are still being sold is because the inventory didn't deplete yet. It's like buying a '15 instead of an '18. If everyone knew this it would be bad for business.
I do ride wet and have stuck with the Micheline Pilot Road 4s, primarily due to the additional siping. Was over 20k by the time the front started to show thread. Unlike the flat profile of car tires, the rounded profile of the motorcycle tire enhances resistance to hydroplane. Cornering traction is a consequence of tread depth, more especially when wet.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I do ride wet and have stuck with the Micheline Pilot Road 4s, primarily due to the additional siping. Was over 20k by the time the front started to show thread. Unlike the flat profile of car tires, the rounded profile of the motorcycle tire enhances resistance to hydroplane. Cornering traction is a consequence of tread depth, more especially when wet.
Nothing really beats the latest from a reputable company that determines it is Indeed better. It's just more risk Not having it which is undeniable but sometimes they change things that shouldn't be changed like the 737 Max 8 sensor for determining a Stall but not having redundancy is just crazy. Perhaps the engineers were tired that day and were like **** it and moved on to the next module to work on. Maybe they were going to go back but forgot about it because once they complete the project they get paid out. Maybe some people or someone lost money in BTC and needed the cash now.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I rode many times in downpours on the stock bridgestone Rs10 that came on my bike. not once did they have an issue in the wet and they barely have any treads.
when I say downpour I mean my underwear was soaked too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts