Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm needing to get a new rear tire for the rear on my '02. I have a 207 on there now. I don't do any track days with it. Sounds like everyone likes the 208's or the M1's. I'm looking for the best of both worlds. I want something that sticks and will last longer than a weekend of riding. What do you think about going with a Sport-Touring style (Dunlop 205) in the rear? I do more riding than racing and want something that will last awhile. Any input is appreacated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I had a set of Michelin Macadams on my F3 that lasted over 10,000 miles. I never trusted them to drag a knee though .

How many miles of riding are you wanting to get out of tires though? I've liked my 208's. they are way better warming up/stickier than the 207's and i think they actually last longer. If you don't do any burnouts n' shit their is no reason you can't get 6000 miles out of a set. But i think average of 208's is around 3500 hard miles

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got 10,000 miles on my stock ones now. I made the mistake of taking my bike in a burnout pit and could never get rid of the flat spot. I've been hearing alot about Avon tires and how much everybody that has them loves them. I'm thinking about the 208's or the 205's. I don't know yet. Thanks for the reply though. Any input is very helpful.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If your looking for good wear rate & are still sticky then maybe try some Bridgestone BT-010 or BT-012.

I've got the BT-010 & have gotten almost 7000 miles out them so far & might have another 500-1000 in them yet.
They also stick pretty good when riding the twisties.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i have a pirelli diablo and it is nice. it has a real round shape which i hear the r6 and r1 handle well with. also i have ridden michelin pilot sports and they are awesome too.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have heard people get really good results running a Bridgestone BT-010 front, and a BT-020 rear. Soft and sticky up front, good wear characteristics in the rear.

I put about 4500 miles on my 208's. A couple trips and about 5 track days. They are pretty sticky, except on oil. :cuss I imagine I could get a couple more track days, and a bit of street riding out of them. If I didn't ride so hard, I would think 6k miles would be within reach.

I just bought some Pirelli Supercorsa's; Supersoft in the front, soft in the rear. They should last maybe... a weekend or two. :roll:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have heard people get really good results running a Bridgestone BT-010 front, and a BT-020 rear. Soft and sticky up front, good wear characteristics in the rear.

I put about 4500 miles on my 208's. A couple trips and about 5 track days. They are pretty sticky, except on oil. :cuss I imagine I could get a couple more track days, and a bit of street riding out of them. If I didn't ride so hard, I would think 6k miles would be within reach.

I just bought some Pirelli Supercorsa's; Supersoft in the front, soft in the rear. They should last maybe... a weekend or two. :roll:

·
Registered
16 Posts
new to the site but ive been looking the the new continental conti motions. any advice on them. You can get a set off amazon for $156. Well thats for my 2003 r-6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts