Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
R Sizzle
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about picking up a set of new tires for my 05 R6. Right now it has the stock qualifiers on it with around 5000 miles and there getting pretty smooth down the middle. Getting ready to go on a bike trip for a couple of days, and probably need to replace them. Ive been looking at new qualifiers and also shinko 005's. For the price difference wondering if I would be ok with the Shinkos. Or are they too cheap, lacking performance.

·
Registered
129 Posts
to be honest with you i have never heard of shinkos, but i think i would stick with qualifiers and are worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I'd go with Maxxis Supermaxx...I put those on after i went through my D208's and i absolutely love them...so far ive got about 2,500 on them and they're still awesome

·
R Sizzle
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
think im gonna go with the dunlop's. found a website where i can get a set for $230 shipped. only like $60 more than a set of shinkos.

·
my r6 eats me
89 Posts
I just bought some pirelli DC3's they should be here tommorow. I know that your supposed to scrub them but with what? A degreaser like simple green and lots of water with a hard brush?

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
You scrub them in by riding on them. You just have to be very careful because they are slick as dog snot at first. You just have to carefully lean a little more at a time until you get them leaned over as far as you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts