Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the help and info in advance. Im currently running t a stock r6 other than race farings. Stock suspension... I am 150lbs 5'9. I run in intermediate group, but i am right at the slow end of the advanced pace for my track. I have not touched the suspension at all from when i bought it. My question is should i just take my stock suspension and have the suspension guy at the track tune it for me and go from there. Or should i get a better suspension setup and tune that for the pace that i am running. Im willing to spend the money for a different and better suspension if thats what i need or if thats what is suggested to do or if i just tune the stock one. Again im new to tuning this and all info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jordan

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
A lot of guys go a long, long way on the stock stuff.

If the suspension has never been serviced, (swap oil, clean out the internals) - I'd start with that, then get it dialed in for your weight, either by going through the 'Suspension 101' thread here, or use your track side vendor.

If you can't hit reasonable sag numbers, then it may be worthwhile to respring it.

I wouldn't bother spending money on cartridges and a shock until you've got a problem you can't solve by fiddling with the stock stuff. :cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Whether you are on stock or aftermarket suspension, you need to have it set up properly for your weight (at least). Imo, it helps a rider greatly to know & understand the basics: preload, compression, & rebound. I'm sure you can find plenty regarding the topic on the suspension section of this forum, youtube, Keith Code, Dave Moss, google, etc. Properly set up suspension will boost confidence, traction, & improve tire wear also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts