Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im 17 and i just got a 2001 R6. Its my 1st bike and ive only been riding for a few weeks now butt i really love it!

Here she is :mrgreen:

·
Registered
995 Posts
yo R_6.welcome and nice ride,where u from,US? over here we have to wait till we're 21 to ride big bikes,so enjoy it,ride safe.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to the club. Take time to get to know your bike and horn your skills. This way when you move to a bigger bike it will be a lot easier!!!!

Blade

·
Registered
829 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad you chosse the right bike too!

If you need anything just let us know.

-DJ1298

·
Registered
293 Posts
welcome man. i would recomend that you take the msf course if you havnt already. it helps out a lot when you just start riding.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yea welcome

Be careful, if you piss it off, your R6 will bite you

:dog

·
Registered
504 Posts
I agree... take the MSF course if you haven't already. Other than that, one of the biggest mistakes you can make is showing off and goofing off. It will kill you, it almost did me. Respect it, b/c it will bite you like Jasamb said... and that's no understatement. I just got my '03 about a month ago, put 1200 miles on it so far (within the month), and have had many experiences in which that MSF course has saved my life - multiple times I might add. I'm 18, and it's my first bike also, you should be alright, but just be careful and respectful. And don't think about wheelies to like next year... or anything of that manner.

-Solace

·
Registered
308 Posts
Wow 17 huh? You must be a senior in high school right? do you ride to school? get jocked up the ass?

I just met another 17 year old last week who told me how lucky he was to be 17 with an R6.

Kids just keep getting luckier and luckier.

I should talk though i'm only 20 started when i was 18 but hey i payed for it myself.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Who cares how old you are? Its all about having fun. I can't lie though, I wish I had one when I was 17 or even 21 for that matter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JL said:
welcome. you must pay a fortune for insurance what with being 17 and all.
Actually i havnt checked with insurance yet butt in florida its pretty cheap because i dont even have to have insurance b/c my bike is paid for.

·
max speed
242 Posts
R_6 said:
JL said:
welcome. you must pay a fortune for insurance what with being 17 and all.
Actually i havnt checked with insurance yet butt in florida its pretty cheap because i dont even have to have insurance b/c my bike is paid for.
That is twice now. This is your butt :moon and when you want to say however you say "but" :lmao all feel free to correct my word usage now too :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts