Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
503 Posts
I agree... take the MSF course if you haven't already. Other than that, one of the biggest mistakes you can make is showing off and goofing off. It will kill you, it almost did me. Respect it, b/c it will bite you like Jasamb said... and that's no understatement. I just got my '03 about a month ago, put 1200 miles on it so far (within the month), and have had many experiences in which that MSF course has saved my life - multiple times I might add. I'm 18, and it's my first bike also, you should be alright, but just be careful and respectful. And don't think about wheelies to like next year... or anything of that manner.

-Solace

· Registered
306 Posts
Wow 17 huh? You must be a senior in high school right? do you ride to school? get jocked up the ass?

I just met another 17 year old last week who told me how lucky he was to be 17 with an R6.

Kids just keep getting luckier and luckier.

I should talk though i'm only 20 started when i was 18 but hey i payed for it myself.

· max speed
241 Posts
R_6 said:
JL said:
welcome. you must pay a fortune for insurance what with being 17 and all.
Actually i havnt checked with insurance yet butt in florida its pretty cheap because i dont even have to have insurance b/c my bike is paid for.
That is twice now. This is your butt :moon and when you want to say however you say "but" :lmao all feel free to correct my word usage now too :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.