Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a nice black jacket to ride in. ive looked online and havent found to much. anyone have any good links or have a jacket that you reccommend. i just want a basic black jacket without any crazy designs or logos. its gotta have the elbow and shoulder padding, a place for a back protector, and the removable liner inside. thanks alot

·
Registered
458 Posts
I use the joe rocket phoenix 4.0. its pretty plain and has all that stuff

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
i was looking for a jacket like that myself.... bot sure what's your criteria but i was looking for summer friendly (i.e. perforated) leather jacket

i got A* Stage Jacket... it does have a few logos (chest and sholders area).. not too large but still... anyway, i liked the design and everything but logos on sholder kind off throws me off....

another jacket that i got interested in is A* NYC Jacket - all black and all perforated but it might be not exactly suited for sportbike style... more like naked/street bike style

take a look at these... let me know if u liked any of these

good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot for all the help. i really like the stage jackets. they look pretty good and they have all the features that im looking for. are the textile jackets as good as the leather ones. whats the difference between both in pertection

·
Registered
81 Posts
i prefer textile because it is lighter, cheaper and more comfortable. but protection wise, leather will last longer, for instance, a slide on the track. textile on the streets and leather on the track, but its all up to you.

·
Mezz
3,778 Posts
There shouldn't really be any distinction made between protection for the street or track, if anything street riding is more dangerous. I wouldn't buy a textile, yes it allows for more ventilation but if you go down that shit will melt right onto your skin and they'll have to cut it out.

·
None
88 Posts
You should check out Vanson jackets, VERY thick leather... They are on the pricey side but well worth it.... Also make sure that it fits you snug you don't want a loose jacket that moves around if you happen to go down.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Get leather bro its so much safer. Im going to buy a this since my recent wreck retired my current jacket to track use.

Its pretty simple when it comes to design, but its not boring either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts