Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm finally getting a bike after all these years of wanting one. I've always rode 4-wheelers and dirt bikes but finally got rid of those because I don't have many places to ride anymore or friends w/ toys left. I'm looking at getting a 2005 R6 because I like the looks of them better than the newer styles. I've read some on both bikes ('05 and '06) and don't see there are to many differences between them that should affect me or the long term value.

I need to get a helmet and some gear as well but don't know what a good brand is or if it even makes much of a difference. My Yamaha dealer in town went out of business a few years ago and I don't know any of the other bike dealers in town. I don't know anyone locally that I could ask gear, what is a must and what to stay away from.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
Dustin

·
Registered
206 Posts
where r u from?

·
BACK
384 Posts
hey man i was in the same position dirtbikes n quads but what ive been ridin with (i have a blue 03) is the scorpion rivet helmet..which is NOT shiny) and shift octane coat which i will never regret buying and shift gloves kind of expensive coat but the helmet isnt but well worth the 200...after seeing someone die with a shitty 70 dollar helmet please dont go anything less than 2 bills

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know Shoei has good helmets, wasn't sure if it was worth the $$ for one or if there were some other good ones that were less $$$.

I'm still looking for a nice Blue low mile '05 bike too, so I've been watchin Ebay and stuff to try and find a decent deal on one. I'm an exotic car dealer and I've been watching the auctions but haven't seen what I'm looking for run through......

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Post some pics when you get your bike. As for gear, if you don't have anything local, check eBay. I got all my gear off eBay. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
personally i dont trust ebay, have had bad expiriences with them, also dont like the idea of puttin a helmet on, that already shifted to some1 elses head and has been sweated on before.... for good gear you got kneedraggers.com, tobefast.com, 1tail.com, motosports, etc... for good bikes n stuff, look in your area on craigslist... always has great deals and a easy shopping expirience!

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Welcome to the forums man. As far as gear goes, unless your Yamaha shop nearby is having a HUGE sale, i would get all your gear online. Ebay is a great place for new gear, not just used. As far as helmet go, as long as its DOT approved its fine. But as you'll find out, the nice brands are more expensive, but lighter, better ventilation, safer composites and cool looking graphics. Jacket, Gloves and Boots are all found on ebay also, and they come in a wide array of choices. If ebay isn't your thing, just search google for motorcycle gear, and there is a slew of dedicated sites for gear and accessories. Good luck with the search man, and make sure once you get all the gear to wear it too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts